Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition  (Read 177607 times)

Re: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition
Hah, that was last decade. :p

Would be kinda neat to have though, too bad nobody's maintaining it.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2020 Edition
Great news :-)

Can I ask a small favour please? Could you tell me the name of the AI profile for S.G please? I need it for my auto-aim table.

It is called SG.

Mh what is the thing with the auto-aim table? I mean, to shoot more precise on bigger distances this mod uses the Zoom Script after all.

are there any other keys bound to specific events I should know about so I know not to re-bined them too ;-)

As far as i know:
ALT-D & D for the Zoom Script
K and X during the course of missions.

Also some time the multiplayer message keys 1 through 4 are needed as well.

I need the auto-aim due to using a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X.

The HOTAS makes the games more immersive and allows for faster and tighter turning than using a mouse - essential for Bem Cavalgar, but since it is an 'el cheapo' stick it has a bit of a deadzone problem. This makes precise aiming difficult. I tried using Joystick curves and setting the deadzone in FS to its minimum etc. but they didn't help much.

So I figured 'Just do what console FPS games do to overcome how $h1tty joypads are for precise aiming - aim assist'. So far it appears to be working great, and I'm looking forward to trying out campaigns on Insane  :cool:

Re the Zoom in SG. As far as I can tell it is independent of what weapon you are using - unless I just happened to have the right weapon/s equipped when using it.

Thanks for the heads up re the keybindings. It was the K which did it, I had that bound to targeting subsystem in reticle. If I just set another key to that and leave K unbound would that fix the problem?

Many thanks in advance  :)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
You can just open FRED, go to Editors, "Mission Specs" and you can see which AI profiles are available.

Ah, very handy, thank you. I can stop annoying people now  :lol:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
SG uses standard Fury AI. AI files are modified BP ones. As for zoom script, it was always working for all weapons. In fact it's not working because weapons, but it is independent feature implemented via scripts. We added it for HyPaCS sniper rifle, but it will work great with Titan and other long-range armaments. I doubt if it's working with newer builds tho.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I doubt if it's working with newer builds tho.

I tested it, it actually works. Interestingly it is the only working script you can find on the wiki (last updated 2019).

Offline Doctor Robert

• ...We think you cheated.
So I'm on Westerplatte and no matter what I do, I get a Mission Failure cutscene as soon as the Neva jumps out (after a successful escape). This time I made sure to knock out all the Main Beams on all three Not-Shadow-From-Babylon-5-ships (apart from the one that goes after the artillery frigates near the end) and made sure the Aeolus survived (it seems to be the first to go after the Pennsylvania). Each time the station is fully evacuated but the Mission Debriefing says the Evac was a failure (despite also saying it's a success earlier on in the briefing). Do I really need to keep every allied warship alive? Is there a sneaky "lolnope" third convoy out of the station that's destroyed every time unless you have the foresight to know when they die...er deploy in the middle of battle? Is this a Kobayashi Maru?

(Please pardon my vague saltiness; this post is in part my rage-quit therapy :D )

EDIT: Forgot to say; yes, running the latest and greatest FSO and MediaVPs; Knossos is updated; Verified the Campaign twice and made sure it was the latest update. Log upon request (if I can remember how to do that....)
My Mazda Capella is more highly decorated than I am!

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Ah, before i forget this.

I got a report, that Version 2020.1.0 vanished from Knossos.

Have to say, that both i and Nyctaeus have no idea, what happened to this version. Or when this version got Nightmares that forced it to escape.
I know, that i uploaded it back then, when the update was finished. As well it was available.

Even one of the bugs is caused by the NuDeimos, i plan to reupload 2020.1.0 during the next couple of days. Most likely between christmas and new year's eve.
Will look in the report above in this process, to. So maybe it will be even 2020.1.1.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 11:41:32 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The most recent version I see on Knossos is 2019.1.1. and I have no idea how an update can literally vanish that way without its authors' will.  :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The only thing I can think of is that it somehow got uploaded at just the right time between the transition from the old Knossos server to the new one.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
So I'm on Westerplatte and no matter what I do, I get a Mission Failure cutscene as soon as the Neva jumps out (after a successful escape). Each time the station is fully evacuated but the Mission Debriefing says the Evac was a failure (despite also saying it's a success earlier on in the briefing)

Played this mission several times. Unfortunately i was not able to reproduce any kind of debriefing issue.

Worked fine on my end. This mission should end in a cutscene right after the Neva starts to jump out.

Do I really need to keep every allied warship alive?

Only if you want to get an Achievement ;)

Whatever happened to 2020.1.0... i reuploaded it. It should be available again on Knossos again (it was available the whole time in FSOInstaller  :o)

The changelog again:
2019.1.1 -> 2020.1.0
• Fixed a bug in "Devil's plain" that caused a collision between the GTCv Aequitas and Selfridge Installation.
• Fixed a turret in the GTI Aeglos model that did not work.
• Added additional translateable alternative subsystem names for better localization capabilities.

Interestingly i get much more debug errors with current builds than before. After it was requested to prepare a rerelease of this modification, i checked all missions for debug build errors... well, now i get completely new ones.
But right now i do not have the time for this to address and to resolve them. I will do that at a later date however.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 07:43:56 am by Novachen »
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

I am so much waiting for playing this again after so many years. i was already stunned in 2013...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I am so much waiting for playing this again after so many years. i was already stunned in 2013...
Still very mediocre, as it was in 2013 :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Well, I played dozens of mods but the first mission of SG makes me real mad. Tried it on medium (my preferred difficulty level in most mods) - no chance of saving the transport. Easy doesn´t seem to change anything. Sad but I won´t be able to continue...

Like many other missions, the first mission is based heavily on luck.   This mod is hard to the point of being painful

What about rebalancing the mod? Many missions based on luck - a nogo for me.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Every mission I have played here was playable without any luck.

Some Achievements are tricky, so luck CAN help for them, but they are reachable with good strategies as well.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Rebalancing an entire campaign, especially one as long as SG, is quite an effort. A lot of time and dedication needed.

It was some time ago that I read through this thread, and I also remember someone else mentioning some missions basically required cheats to beat. I wonder: Is there some player consensus here that these difficulty issues are real, or is it that someone found the balance lacking and a few others posted an "I agree" comment simply because it feels good to reinforce something someone else previously stated, and they wouldn't have mentioned it had it not been brought up by said Commenter #1? (Even before I started donwloading it, I had already decided to use cheats and play on Very Easy, which I've been doing since I played Derelict. - So I cannot comment on difficulty.)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline P632

Hey, can I know the name of the music called the GreenAbyss (GreenAbyss_Btl1.ogg) in the music files?

Offline Madeye

• Knowledge is power
Looks like after one of recent updates (I played SG like 2 years ago) Penetrator and Penetrator II missiles lost their range (PII, albeit havin ~14km in tech database, actually has less than 6.5km).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'm now playing through SG as it's been in my "to do" list for quite some time. Without considering a few CTDs in the first missions of the campaign (which I couldn't replicate anyway, so I still managed to progress), the mod is stable and quite enjoyable on 23.0.0. In fact, I believe it deserves more attention and recognition.  :yes:

So far, the only potentially gamebreaking issue I found is the checkpoint in "Through the back door", whose activation causes a) afterburners to be unavailable and b) at least two Omega transports to show up some 120 kilometers away from our position.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]