Author Topic: Freespace 1 problem  (Read 1777 times)

Offline hermpes

Hey,
I just reinstalled Freespace 1, decided to play thorugh it agan. But my mouse and keyboard stop working in the menus (ie. the briefing screen and the options screen :(. Anybody else ever have this problem?

Offline Solatar

You could help us help you buy giving us your comp's specs.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Welcome to HLP!

With any luck, any minute now you will be treated to what FS1 doesn't have ;o) hehehehehehe

Solatar is right, we need more info to be able to help you I'm afraid. What processor, memory, graphics/sound cards etc, and, almost as important, what operating system are you running FS1 under?

Thanks

Flipside :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
*laughs at new guy's name*

It's like he couldn't decide between Hermes, and Herpes... :lol:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline hermpes

heheh, yeha I couldnt decide :)

i guess a shouldve thought about the comp secs before i posted....here ya go

Windows 98
1.5 Ghz Pentium 4
GeForce 4 Ti4200 64Mb
256 MB RDRAM
SoundBlaster Live! Sound Card

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
And a sense of humor. I like that.

And look at this, despite it being win98, it's better than my box! Sheesh.

Offline hermpes

yeah I just got ahold of this machine about 2 days ago. Nice upgrade from a P600 :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Hm... well, sorry I can't actually help you... I've never had this problem. Mine was more like "This OEM Copy of Decent:Freespace was intended for use with a Pentium 3 processor."

And then I'd say "Damnit! Stupid Duron!", and proceed to bug Sandwich for a copy of his original FS.exe...

Once again, that's no help... lol

Offline hermpes

lol, no worries :) I'm getting a copy of FS2 soon. The thought of finally getting it will hold me over. That or Morrowind :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by hermpes
lol, no worries :) I'm getting a copy of FS2 soon. The thought of finally getting it will hold me over. That or Morrowind :)

With the FS1 to FS2 port you'll be able to play FS1 in 1024x768 anyway rather than the 640x480 that FS1 limits you to so you'll probably not miss FS1 that much :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
But the original EXE seemed to be paced differently. Everything seems faster in FS2. Even the Hercs, which I remember being a bit slower, and having guns that did more damage...

Offline hermpes

Originally posted by karajorma

With the FS1 to FS2 port you'll be able to play FS1 in 1024x768 anyway rather than the 640x480 that FS1 limits you to so you'll probably not miss FS1 that much :)

Exactly what I was thinking. Now that you mention it, I wonder how the hell did we survive on 640X480...yuck!