Author Topic: Lost when it comes to scripts...  (Read 2495 times)

Offline kobl

Lost when it comes to scripts...
I just got freespace scp a couple days ago. Amazing game. But I can't get scripts to work in the slightest I' running WMCoolmon's latest build, and made a scripting.tbl file, bur I'm not sure where to put it or how to execute scripts in game. Sorry for being so dumb.

Thanks

Re: Lost when it comes to scripts...
:welcome:

\FreeSpace\Data\Tables. The game should automatically use your table files, whether they be script.tbl, weapons.tbl, etc. as long as they're in the Tables directory.

Offline kobl

Thanks a ton! I'll let you know how it works out!

Edit: Every time I try to start a mission the game crashes. I'm sure whats going on. I'm using nuke's mouse script and build fs2_open_C05202007_r.exe

Scripting.tbl is in
C:\Games\Freespace 2\data\Tables

Edit 2:

Heres my error info.

Could not find index 'getX' in type 'Controls'

------------------------------------------------------------------
ADE Debug:
Name:      (null)
Name of:   (null)
Function type:   (null)
Defined on:   0
Upvalues:   0

Source:      (null)
Short source:   
Current line:   0

LUA Stack:

1: Userdata [Controls]
2: String [getX]

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 01:04:49 pm by kobl »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
wow, somones actually using one of my scripts. i havent been keeping it up to date with the latest head builds but it should still work. il see about an update later once get this new computer in order. ive been buisy with other side projects like writing my own game engine and doing robot textures for d2xxl, not to mention actual work. so ive been letting nukemod and the mouse script slide.

that link should be the most recent version. but i think an update is in order to make the user interface a bit easyer to use. also i need to tweak my cfg format, because if you want to edit it manually, it wont work if you use note/wordpad. you can use run->edit or something like notepad++, which shouldnt delete any special hidden chars im using.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:47:30 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline kobl

Now its working great, I'm just nervouse 'bout using with my main profile. I'll make a copy of it to play with this script.

Thanks yet again!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
thats always a good plan on head builds, script or not. im glad to hear the script still works. sence it seems the controls changes are a little ways out i might still update the script and hopefully make the script suck less :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN