Author Topic: X-Wing / Tie Fighter rumors  (Read 10382 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: X-Wing / Tie Fighter rumors
Damnation and hellfire.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Confund it.

Right when I thought I would have a chance to use my shiny new joystick...
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
While this is just the rumours so far, I'll only be interested in any other Star Wars game if the main character doesnt have a lightsaber, dont include anything about Hoth and if LucasArts stop being lazy ***** and come up with a  completely original soundtrack (its already past the point of just ignoring the music, I downright hate listening to those same musics over and over again).
This. This is why Tie Fighter was good, and all the more recent stuff is bad.

Except KOTOR which made Jedis "fun" again.

And Jedi Knight because of Kyle Katarn.

Kyle isn't really a Jedi.  He's actually just a commando with Force powers.  That's why he doesn't suck.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
...FULLY...AUTOMATIC...BLASTER RIFLE!!!

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
In a way, I suppose this is good news for one reason, since my first thought when I heard this was 'Uh-oh.. That's doesn't sound good for FoTG...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Brace for hip-dark-edgy Kyle Katarn Jr. in Jedi Knight 4 only for Xbox 360 and PS3.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Do we know its a Star Wars Game?  They couldn't possibly be looking at, my god, the other games they used to make.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Brace for hip-dark-edgy Kyle Katarn Jr. in Jedi Knight 4 only for Xbox 360 and PS3.

You forgot to add "realistic" aka dull as hell. :doubt:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Do we know its a Star Wars Game?  They couldn't possibly be looking at, my god, the other games they used to make.

A Monkey Island remake's already confirmed, IIRC.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
In a way, I suppose this is good news for one reason, since my first thought when I heard this was 'Uh-oh.. That's doesn't sound good for FoTG...
FoTG doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to resurrect dead space sim genre, an official SW space sim by LA would. X-Wing and TIE Fighter practically started modern space sim genre.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Alas....how long will it takes for the gaming industry to come back to space sims? I mean, we know such things are cyclical. It's just a matter of time before Space Sims are in again.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
How long? Depends on when someone has the balls to create a financially successful space sim. Until then I see publishers preferring to stick with games that have higher chance of income.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Unless Pop Culture conforms to Sci-Fi, Space Sims will never be "in" again.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Spacesims have a good chance on the consoles I think. Most of the modern pads come with a stick build in so no more excuse for "we don't develop them because people would have to buy a joystick" Beside that extra preriferals are in. Every game has it. Just can't wait till "Cockin' with Mom" has an "authentic cocking pod."

Anyway I agree with Zane, that pop culture has a heayv influance on what games could sell well. Just think about the Halo hipe. I mean I found the first game terrible when it came to the PC but still I was watching the news about the second and third title because everyone talked about it.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
FoTG doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to resurrect dead space sim genre, an official SW space sim by LA would. X-Wing and TIE Fighter practically started modern space sim genre.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of 'If LucasArts ARE going to re-release them, how would they react to FoTG?', my concerns were more about the legal implications than the impact on the genre.

Edit: IIRC it wouldn't be the first time a resurrection of an old game has caused problems for related fan-made stuff.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Well I'm sorry to say but if I have to choose between the two, I'd choose LA any day assuming they deliver at least good product if not awesome. We have more to lose if they don't than if they shut down FotG.

I'm honestly surprised Lucasarts hasn't bit their head off.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm honestly surprised Lucasarts hasn't bit their head off.
From what I understand, Lucasfilm/LucasArts seems to be fairly okay with non-profit fan-created work set in the Star Wars universe.  There's a whole community of people who have made Star Wars fan films and released them for free, and I know at least one or two of those have actually garnered the praise of the higher-ups in the company.  With this news confirmation, I doubt LA is planning on releasing a PC-based "realistic" space sim anytime soon, so it's not like FotG would be cutting into any theoretical profits of theirs.