Author Topic: pof suite?  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
XP sucks... stby
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
of course that statment is not from someone studying to be a network admin.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
i have half a CCNA

Linux kills all windows networking hands down - so your comment about a networking major is irrelevant and contradictory

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Kazan
Linux kills all windows networking hands down

If you know how to use it. Windows doesn't try to be as powerful, but instead concentrates on being easy-to-use. It all depends on your preferences and needs to figure out which one is better.
-C

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
linux is easy to use

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im probibly gonna take kazan's side on linux when i get into that part of my schooling (which unfortunately is my last class, so it will be awhile before i get into it). untill then, xp kicks ass (relative to other microfecies products).
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
sure the fisher price toy wiht so much spyware embedded that it's not even funny

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well is XP better than the win9X line?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Bobboau
well is XP better than the win9X line?

It is faaar more stable (which actually isn't saying much...). However, it's a humongous piece of bloatware crap that doesn't run decently on a Celeron 500MHz w/ 1228Mb and a Riva TNT2 Ultra. And by not runing decently, I mean that a completely clean, fresh install of XP ran jerkily - dragging a window would result in that window appearing to jump from one location one the screen to another with some mini-hops in between.

By contrast, 95/98 run decently on a high-end 486. Go figure.

Personally, my sweet spot with MS OSes is definitley Windows 2000. It runs smoothly on an old Pentium II 200Mhz with 96Mb - and a laptop, at that!

It's a powerful OS that came out before MS's whole activation shpiel. It's stable. The only downside is that it's not the best gaming platform, which is why I still dual-boot 98 and 2K. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
xp increased my quake 3 framerate by at least 10 fps. it is not indended to run on obsolete hardware by the way. are you people all still going to be using 9x when windows 2050 comes out? it makes an excellent client for networking because workstations almost set themselves up, which frees me (the future nework admin) from having to go set up all those 9x workstations. we can talk the windows bs into the grave. something we can all agree on is that WINDOWS SUCKS!!! so until microcrap dies or linux becomes more popular, we gotta live with it.

anyway kazan (the penguin lover), when are you gonna make all those chunk import buttons work. im working on a big campaign now. id like to be able to recompile big capship models without re-entering data for 20 or so turrets and 20 engine glows. can you do some kinda script that is run when a model compiles that will fill in info automaticly?

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
and I'd like to get a working glow point editor, oh that reminds me, I would like to add one thng to the structure, an int to specify type, so I can have more than one type
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
well.. when i get settled in and feel like writing code