Author Topic: PLEASE READ if you're working on the dx8 port  (Read 1781 times)

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
PLEASE READ if you're working on the dx8 port
I have added a "directx8" branch to the CVS repository, and reverted the main branch to the pre-dx8 changes.

What this means:

If you want the non-directx8 stuff, just do a normal "cvs checkout" or "cvs export" -- "cvs update" will also get the stuff from the main branch as always.  What's there is essentially the same as it was with the 3.2 release, I think one or two files may have been tweaked.

If you want to work on the directx8 stuff: you will need to specify the 'directx8' tag in your checkout, e.g., cvs checkout -r directx8 fs2_open  You will get all of the directx stuff that's in the repository.  Please note that any changes you make will be committed to the directx8 branch, not the main branch.  I think you can switch your current working copy to use the branch by saying cvs update -b directx8 but I'm not 100% sure.  
Also note that this is a "sticky" tag -- you only need to do this once; any further updates or commits will automatically be on the directx8 branch.

Please make sure you back up any files you may have changed locally before trying anything...  

I know it's a little confusing, so I apologize.  My sincere thanks to RandomTiger and everyone eles who is working on this, but Inquisitor and I both think it's better for now to keep the paths separate.  Hopefully we will be able to merge the two in the not-too distant future.
your source code slave

Offline Inquisitor

:)

Thanks Penguin :)
No signature.

Offline RandomTiger

I wish you had told me you were actually doing this before you did it. Oh well.

Can I have access to the source code project hosted sight so I can but my Tester list on it?

Offline Inquisitor

I'll put it on the warpcore site.

Need to wake up our hosting providers, get access to either this site or the musch ballyhooed VW site.

And for the record RT: I did mention that we'd probably do this when we were talking on Saturday ;)

Did you get it sorted out, can you committ to the right branch?

-edit-
Just checked CVS, it seems it committed to the directx branch :) We're golden now :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 07:58:33 am by 122 »
No signature.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Inquisitor
I'll put it on the warpcore site.

Need to wake up our hosting providers, get access to either this site or the musch ballyhooed VW site.

And for the record RT: I did mention that we'd probably do this when we were talking on Saturday ;)

Did you get it sorted out, can you committ to the right branch?

-edit-
Just checked CVS, it seems it committed to the directx branch :) We're golden now :)

WERE WORKING ON IT :D

No seriously, we are working on it.  We've got new staff, we're re-organizing the entire site....and we'll get the VW page all good to go soon.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Inquisitor

Luv ya, Icey :)
No signature.