Author Topic: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2  (Read 40521 times)

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
Re: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2
I'd like to audition, but I'm still confused as to what to do.  This may be because it was 1AM where I live and am loosing concentration, something I can vouch for in my post here and how many times I had to use Spell-Correct in Chrome to make this post legible and how few kills I just got after playing WiH again for the first time in nearly a year.  I'll re-read the first post of this topic; hopefully I can get a male character to play a voice for...
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
No response from Cobra-san.
Is he still around?

I am in the military,. Responses are probably going to be slow depending on when I get them.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
Update to my last post: I just read this through, and I think I can do it.  I'd prefer Lieutenant Vicmouth's or Ken's parts, which ever I can get, but otherwise, how am I supposed to get the audition lines?  Do I just take them right out of the mod and submit them that way, or am I issued a set of lines?  What's more, I think I can also do a minor line or two.  I'll have to see what there is to pick from...
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

No response from Cobra-san.
Is he still around?

I am in the military,. Responses are probably going to be slow depending on when I get them.
Oh, I was just wondering if anyone had gotten replies that had sent theirs in after July 6, 2011.
I don't think it's totally unreasonable to wonder if maybe my submissions had been lost in the gutter, or something.

That said, I do see that Military Work is rather demanding. So, I can see why one might be slowed down from working on some less important things.

Offline Adi

• Adi's hamster :)
Akula is

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]
The Universe is a big place. we know it instinctively... it resonates on a deep level...

Hubble Deep Field on Youtube.com

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Dobre!

As far as i know it's quite maintained mate.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Adi

• Adi's hamster :)
So I'm waiting for the assignment!  ;7  :v:
Maybe I'll get my wife to do some voice-acting. She has some experience with theatre...
The Universe is a big place. we know it instinctively... it resonates on a deep level...

Hubble Deep Field on Youtube.com

Man i've been gone for while around here... wondering if i should try my hand at throwing a few voices in there. Also wondering if the script directions have been completed, Battuta if you can let me know on that I can get started on it again.

Hi,

I just got a Blue Yeti microphone (professional USB microphone) as a gift and have being playing around with it and with Audacity and would just love to provide voice acting for the mods pro bono. I speak fluent (mostly American) English, though I am originally Italian, so that prosody and vowel pronunciation sound occasionally different, not impeding comprehension, but giving the voice its own note.
I am 28 years old.
Can I rely on the list on the first post? Any preference for the character I would voice?

If I can help you by doing anything by myself with Audacity before submitting, let me know and give me some parameters (dB for normalization, profile for equalization etc.) or point me to resources.

I am really willing to help.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Instructions in the first post should be all that's necesssary.

I just signed up on these forums after lurking them off and on for the last few years.  I downloaded the Media VPs, Freespace 2 Open and Blue Planet 1 and 2.  I really enjoyed playing Blue Planet; so, I was happy to see that you all plan to voice the campaign and that you're still looking for voice actors.

I have never done any professional voice acting; but, I graduated from college with a degree in animation and interned at Cartoon Network Studios during my studies.  The coursework requires us to voice our own animations, and I got to see some real professionals work while I sat in on some recording sessions. 

I'd like to send in some auditions for a few different male roles, especially Admiral Calder and Admiral Steele.  I can pull off a good Russian accent and an Irish accent.  I can do British, if I spend a little time polishing it up.  I also have a good military radio operator voice from my time in the US Army.  I think it would be possible for me to play multiple roles without anyone being able to tell.

Once I have my recording setup, I'll send in some auditions.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Fantastic. Looking forward to them.

Hey i emailed naboo2 last week but i haven't received anything back yet. I wanted to audition for the part of Captain Telfer if it is still going and i understand i need to get the lines emailed to me.

Hope this thread is still active. its a great mod and deserves to be voice acted.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't know how active Cobra is or what he's up to.

Is it Cobra that is doing it still, or has it changed hands?

Yes, it would be good to know what a valid email address is to send auditions to.  What's your incoming message size limit, for future reference?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't know anything about how VA is currently being run - part of the idea of having a dedicated voice acting manager is to allow the main team to focus on the next release. I wish I could tell you more.

Understandable.  I'll just submit some auditions once I am ready to record and wait for a response.  Obviously, it's difficult to do this kind of thing in your spare time.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think I'll take a stab at a few roles, too...  Cobra, if you're still out there, you can expect an email from me within the week.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

I'm still waiting for the lines to be sent to me. I can't audition until i get zee lines...

Hopefully cobra is still about and will pick it all up soon.