Author Topic: Design doc for 'The Intervention': the conversation logic + script  (Read 2330 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Design doc for 'The Intervention': the conversation logic + script
I found this on my hard drive and thought people might be interested. This is Rian's logic outline for the first two branches of the conversation with Simms in 'The Intervention'.

STATE 0 - initial strategy choice

Flirtatious
Emotional
Aggressive
Professional

FLIRTATIOUS

f1 - Thanks for taking me out, sir. Hands-on time is a rare privilege around here...am I doing something right?

f1a - It's my job to make sure the new pilots don't go down to the first Tev schmuck that lines them up. This is not a personal favor.

UNDAUNTED

f2.1 - So every rookie gets the CAG's undivided attention for an hour? Your professional standards don't leave much time for sleep.
\         f2.1a -  If you don't button up, mess duty is going to have your undivided attention. Is discipline this bad in First Fleet?
            RIDICULE 2 FLEET
            f2,1,1 - I thought Second Fleet was the Federation's circus, sir. Did everyone sober up in time to ruin my fun?
               f.2.1.1a - Great. I can tell when I'm wasting my time. You are a ****ing disgrace, Laporte, and a disappointment at that. I -
                  SET SUCCESS TO 0; CUE FIGHTERS
            APOLOGIZE
            f.2.1.2   - Sorry, sir. I was misled about Two Fleet discipline. It won't happen again.
               f.2.1.2a - Apology accepted. I'll let it slide...this time. GO TO ANGRY RESET
            CONFESS ATTRACTION
            f.2.1.3 - Oh, First Fleet discipline is fine. There just wasn't anybody like you back there.
               f.2.1.3a - That's your problem, Sublieutenant, not mine. I don't want to hear about it again. GO TO NEGATIVE RESET

CHASTENED

f2.2 - Understood, sir. I apologize for the presumption. I just thought my recommendation might have drawn your attention.
         f2.2a - I'll grant you that. Captain Telfer of the Navajas had a great deal to say in your favor. I hope you can live up to his assessment.
            BOAST
            f2.2.1 - Did he mention my command roles at the Nauticus incident and the Rheza perimeter? I think I'd make a good wing leader.
               f2.2.1a - I appreciate confidence. I'll consider you. I may need a replacement for Levi in the near future...one way or another. GO TO POSITIVE RESET
            PUT SELF DOWN
            f2.2.2 - Captain Telfer is too favorable. My wing lost the Akula and the Ranvir and allowed the Meridian to slip away, and I botched a standoff at the Dea Icaunis.
               f2.2.2a - I see. I appreciate your honesty, and I'll return it. There's no room for error in my squadron. This may not be the right place for you. GO TO NEGATIVE RESET
            QUIET CONFIDENCE
            f.2.2.3 - Given a strong commander and a lively squadron, I won't disappoint you, sir.
               f.2.2.3a - I...wish I could guarantee that, Laporte, but to be honest, things have been rough aboard the Indus of late. GO TO POSITIVE RESET

INSULTED

f2.3 - Sir, you don't have to treat me like another disposable rookie. I know you expect bad casualties. I won't be one of them.
         f2.3a - None of my rookies are disposable, Sublieutenant Laporte. Don't bother requesting special treatment, because all you'll do is piss me off. GO TO ANGRY RESET

EMOTIONAL

e1 - She's beautiful...not invincible, though. It's hard to believe how many pilots have died in these birds.

e1a - Trust me, Sublieutenant, it's best to keep your mind off the dead. Learn your ship, follow my orders, and get the job done. That's all that matters.

ASK HER ABOUT LOSSES

e2.1 - Can you really keep your mind off the dead, sir? The way you treat the rooks...you act like they're already gone.
         e2.1a - I don't recall giving you permission to speak freely, Laporte. Maintain brevity.
            PRESS HARDER
            e2.1.1 - Sir, this issue is relevant to the performance of the squadron. We're all trusting you with our lives. We need to know you haven't already given up on us.
               e2.1.1a Maybe you missed the briefing, Laporte, but Two Fleet isn't quite as touchy-feely as your old home. So stow that ****. GO TO ANGRY RESET
            BACK DOWN
            e2.1.2 - Copy that. GO TO NEUTRAL RESET
            EMPATHIZE
            e2.1.3 - I'm asking for advice, sir. How do I handle losing a squadmate? If I were you, I imagine I'd be a wreck.
               e2.1.3a - Then you shouldn't be a combat pilot. If you can't handle death, I don't know how you made it this far. GO TO NEGATIVE RESET

AGREE TOTALLY

e2.2 - I concur, sir. As far as I can tell, this squadron handles its losses the right way. I have no complaints.
         e2.2a - I'm terribly grateful to have your approval, Laporte. Watch your spacing. GO TO NEUTRAL RESET

ASK HER ABOUT HER HISTORY

e2.3 - You sound like you've been at this a long time, Captain. I suppose you live up to that 'gods of war' battle cry you favor.
         e2.3a - It's an old Martian tradition, Boosts morale. Good morale puts pilots into the flow state, and that saves lives. I'm glad you appreciate it.
            ASK ABOUT LOST FRIENDS
            e2.3.1 - You must have been close to the squadron after so long together. How bad have things been?
               e2.3.1a - You know what, I don't recall signing up for a goddamn therapy session. Do you understand the meaning of 'chain of command'? GO TO NEGATIVE RESET
            ASK ABOUT OLD BATTLES
            e2.3.2 - You know, sir, when you turned up at Rheza..that was something else. You saved a lot of lives that day, including mine. Just par for the course for you?
               e2.3.2a - That's why we do the job, Laporte. A war god isn't much without something to fight for. POSITIVE RESET
            ASK ABOUT KAREN NG'MEI
            e2.3.3 - Flight Lieutenant Ng'Mei off the Yangtze mentioned you, sir. Have you served together?
               e2.3.3a - My first combat posting was on the Yangtze, before the war broke out. Karen Ng'Mei was a sublieutenant there...she's been passing up promotions to stay there since. She cultivates pilots. Might pick you out if you're not careful. GO TO POSITIVE RESET

AGGRESSIVE

a1 - Sir, while we're out here, I want to discuss some scuttlebutt that's been going around the deck. I think I speak for the rest of the new transfers when I say I have some concerns.

a1a - I respect and value candor, Sublieutenant, but you are walking a very fine line here. This sortie is not a break from military protocol.

WHAT ABOUT THE CASUALTY RATE?

a2.1 - We all know that rooks don't last long on the Indus, sir. Word on the deck is that you're keeping the rooks at arm's length because you expect most of us to be dead inside the month.
         a2.1a - You will probably all be dead within the month, no matter what I or anyone else might do for you. I won't lie to you about that. Do you want a hug?
            ACCEPT THIS
            a2.1.1 - No, sir, I understand the statistics. I suppose it's just something we'll have to try not to think about.
            REJECT THIS
            A2.1.2 - I don't need a damn thing from you, sir. But you are our leader. If you don't make an effort to help these people, you might as well just shoot them yourself.
               A.2.1.2A - **** you, Laporte, you sanctimonious piece of ****. You don't get to walk in to my squadron and mouth off to a superior officer. GO TO ANGRY RESET
            MOCK AND HUMILIATE
            A2.1.3 - 'No matter what?' That sounds like a piss-poor excuse for a failed commander's guilt. Get over yourself, Simms. People are counting on you.
               A.2.1.3A - ...you just crossed the line, pilot. You're going back to First Fleet in irons. This is a military, not a soap opera. FAIL MISSION

YOU'RE NOT WHAT I EXPECTED

a.2.2 - You know, sir, I transferred here to fly alongside the woman who saved my ass at Rheza. The one who called her people 'gods of war' and had more fighting spirit in her left nut than I found in all of First Fleet. Did I end up on the right ship?
      a.2.2a - Captain Sorensen writes my evaluations, not wetnosed First Fleet society girls. Are you going somewhere with this?
            I SEE MORE THAN YOU THINK
            a.2.2.1 - I outlived my whole squadron. I watched my gung-ho wingman drink himself into a sobbing ruin while I turned into a recreational killer. Believe me, Simms, I have an eye for people on the edge.
               a.2.2.1a -  I respect what I saw in your jacket. You're on very thin ice, Laporte, but I'm going to listen a little longer. GO TO POSITIVE RESET
            YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS
            a.2.2.2 - I respect the chain of command if the chain of command respects me. I could be the best damn pilot you have...if you cut this 'sole survivor' bull**** and build a real squadron instead of a fodder factory.
               a.2.2.a - Or, I could ship you back to First Fleet to guard depots. I need a good wingman, not a prima donna spouting smug, self-satisfied psychobull****. GO TO ANGRY RESET
            YOU'RE DOING GREAT!
            a.2.2.3 - I'm just trying to tell you, sir, that I think you're a gifted commander with a lot of experience. You could make these rooks into fierce, disciplined warriors. I'm eager to learn.
               a.2.2.3a - ...was that a joke? Did you actually speak those words with a straight face? Are you aware that you're in a military unit, not some kind of summer camp? GO TO NEGATIVE RESET

STATE OF THE WAR

a.2.3 - Sir, it's no secret this war's going against us. We're bleeding pilots faster than we can train new ones - I saw that firsthand. And the Tevs are building up their pilot corps as fast as ours is disintegrating.
         a.2.3a - Thanks for the strategic update, Laporte, that was so much better than the one I get every day from the Admiralty.
            APPEAL TO PRAGMATISM
            a.2.3.1 - You're one of the only experienced pilots we have left, sir, and we have a few weeks of breathing room ahead of us. What can you get done in that time? You have a lot of raw material in these rooks.
               a.2.31.a - You know, Laporte, I want to rip you a new one for insubordination...but with all the fighting lately I've neglected this kind of planning. I like how you think. GO TO POSITIVE RESET
            APPEAL TO UBUNTU
            a.2.3.2 - If I were in your shoes I'd be about ready to give up. But we just need to hold the line, sir. Get these pilots into fighting shape and give the Elders time to work on a way to win the war. Ubuntu will find a way.
               a.2.3.2a - Wow. That's really adorable. Not only do you think the Elders have any ****ing idea how to win a war, you think we just need to do our jobs and it'll all be okay. What a piece of work. GO TO NEGATIVE RESET
            WAX CYNICAL
            a.2.3.3 I think we all know we're ****ed. But I want to ask you, sir, in the spirit of your battle cry, or the Indus's stand at Rheza...are we really going to go out lying down? Because thats how this squadron feels.
               a.2.3.3a - That's your big concern? The squadron feels sad? I have a 400% casualty rate out here, Laporte, and nobody feels good about that. Do you think I hand-picked the mood? GO TO ANGRY RESET

PROFESSIONAL

p1 - I like the ship. Marks a nice symbolic break from First Fleet, don't you think, sir?
   P1a - Your transfer request made it quite specific that you had some problems with First Fleet. Is Second Fleet living up to your expectations, Sublieutenant?

FIRST FLEET'S FATALISM
      p.2.1 - They were fighting to lose the war. They spent a lot of time and energy on remembering the fallen, and not nearly enough on killing Tevs.
         p.2.1a - Most Earthers are too deep in Ubuntu to get the job done right. In Two Fleet we honor the fallen by doing our jobs and earning some payback.
            DUTY AND DEATH
            p.2.1.1 - I concur, sir. The best way to honor the fallen is by carrying out our duties with unflagging diligence. And I do mean that earnestly, as trite as it sounds. It's not an easy task with so many gone.
               p.2.1.1a - No...no it's not. I'm sensing some veiled criticism here, Laporte. GO TO POSITIVE RESET
            KEEP TALKING ABOUT FIRST FLEET
            p.2.1.2 - The most exasperating thing about First Fleet was that damn 'strategic deterrence posture.' It just seemed to mean total paralysis.
               p.2.1.2a - You're going to see a lot of hostility towards Earth and Byrne because of that policy. It's as if they cut the rest of the Federation loose. GO TO NEUTRAL RESET
            INDUS MORALE DIRECTLY
            P.2.1.3 - Sir, it's my understanding the Indus has lost most of its pilots in the past few weeks. How has that impacted morale?
               p.2.1.3a - What the hell kind of question is that, Sublieutenant? Do you even need to ask? Couldn't you tell the moment you stepped off the shuttle? GO TO ANGRY RESET

HOPES FOR SECOND FLEET
      p.2.2 - I have high hopes for my time in Second Fleet, sir. If all goes well I'm hoping to hit back against the Tevs. Maybe make a real difference in this war.      
         p.2.2a - Don't get your hopes up, Sublieutenant, I've heard those same words from a lot of lips.
            QUESTION HER FATALISM
            P.2.2.1 - I heard that kind of fatalistic talk in First Fleet, sir, but I didn't expect it from you. Have conditions changed aboard the Indus since you intervened at Rheza?
               P.2.2.1A - We've lost a lot of pilots over the last few weeks. It's not a topic appropriate for this sortie. Focus on your instruments, pilot. GO TO NEUTRAL RESET
            BE OPTIMISTIC!
            P.2.2.2 - I think this group of rooks is special, sir. Consider it a fresh start. If we come together as a squadron I expect we'll give the Tevs something to think about.
               P.2.2.2A - I have no doubt you're correct, Sublieutenant, the Tevs will certainly give our squadron some thought...of one sort or another. Piece of advice? Don't think too far ahead. GO TO NEUTRAL RESET
            PERSONAL CONNECTION
            P2.2.3 - We have a good history together, Simms. We both saw the Meridian attack...it only took a few squadrons and a single frigate team to pull that off. We saved Rheza. We can do that again.
                P.2.2.3A - ...those are some of the better memories of the past few weeks, Laporte. I appreciate that. It's easy to lose sight of those victories. GO TO POSITIVE RESET

PERSONAL STRENGTHS
      p2.3 - Sir, I'll be honest. I wasn't a good fit for First Fleet. They still haven't sorted out the institutional contradiction between the military and Ubuntu philosophy. They want to be thoughtful, apologetic killers.
         p.2.3a - We don't waste time on apologies here, I can guarantee you that. The cliches about hotblooded Martians are true. This is our world and we're not giving it up to a league of upstart colonials.
            THAT'S THE SPIRIT, SIR!
            P.2.3.1 - I'm angry at the Tevs. I think they're arrogant and misguided, and I resent their claims to the moral high ground in an unprovoked, unilateral conflict. I want to punish their crimes.
               P.2.3.1a - I've got my own list of grievances against them...but I can't guarantee you we'll ever be able to deliver, pilot. This war is not a personal feud. GO TO NEUTRAL RESET
            YOU'RE ALL TALK, NO GAME
            P2.3.2 - Sir, if you don't waste time on apologies, why are you so clearly wrapped up in guilt over the deaths of your pilots? If you'll pardon the presumption, sir.
               P2.3.2A - You've got a lot of ****ing nerve, Laporte. I read all about your discipline issues, and apparently they weren't exaggerated. GO TO ANGRY RESET
            I EXPECTED MORE MARTIAN-NESS
            P2.3.3 - I heard all those cliches, sir, but the squadron seems strangely subdued for one of Two Fleet's infamous fighter kennels. I'm guessing the casualty rate has taken its toll.
               P.2.3.3A - It's pretty ballsy of you to bring it right up like that, Laporte...but you're both perceptive and correct. The chemistry died with most of the old pilots. GO TO POSITIVE RESET

As you can see, Simms responds well to a variety of approaches, though flirtation will lead her into contempt, and an overly conservative approach will cause her to ignore you. It's easy to set off her temper, but if it's a valid criticism, she won't think less of you. Flattery, attempts at emotional connection, or other obvious manipulations make her sneer, but she respects a pilot who knows her own worth and can frame the situation in terms of the war.

ANGRY RESET

Simms is furious, but this can easily be turned into productive fury that forces her to rethink her position.

NEGATIVE RESET

Simms has lost respect for you and is less likely to listen

POSITIVE RESET

Simms has gained respect for you and is eager to hear your advice

NEUTRAL RESET

You are a coward and have failed to gain the issue. You must be bold to salvage the situation.

After the RESET the player goes into the FINAL EXAM based on Simms' emotional state. Each state consists of 4 questions with 2 responses in a linear path. Correct responses earn a SIMMS POINT. Each emotional state has a base number of SIMMS POINTS, with positive the highest, angry the second highest, neutral the second lowest, and negative the lowest.

POSITIVE PATH

POS1
   You're sharper than I expected. You don't have to beat around the bush. Give me your thoughts on my command performance, Laporte, you've clearly got some.
      THERE'S A PROBLEM: Sir, I left First Fleet to escape pervasive combat shock. But your attitudes towards these new pilots is giving me deja vu.
      THERE'S NO PROBLEM: Sir, after some thought, I'm not comfortable with the breach of protocol this conversation implies.

POS2
   Don't be timid about the issue. Give it to me straight.
      IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM: I remember your war cry from Rheza. You're not living up to it. You haven't convinced this squadron that they're gods of war, you've convinced them that they're doomed. Because you act like they're already dead.
      INSIST NO PROBLEM: My views on the problem are immaterial. It should be handled by command review through an appropriate authority.

POS3:
   That's an easy attitude for you to take, Sublieutenant. Maybe you don't understand what it's been like out here these past few weeks. This is not the Solaris, safest ship in the fleet. We are right on the bloody edge here.
      DECLINE TO COMMENT: You're right, sir, I haven't been here. I can only speak to my current observations.
      PRESS TO FIX IT: Sir, if you want to do something about that 400% casualty rate, stop treating the rookies like they're already dead. Make it clear that they're your people now.

ANGRY PATH

ANG01
Think very carefully about your next words, Sublieutenant, because you are in serious danger of coming up on charges. I do not have time or patience for this kind of idiocy.
   PUSH AT THE PROBLEM - Look, I'll be straight with you. I saw my last squadron bleed to death. Yours is worse - it's already dead. You don't have a squadron, sir, you have a factory for lost pilots.
   TRY TO DEFUSE - I apologize, sir. I'll submit myself to review as soon as we return to the Indus. I'm accustomed to loose command discipline.

ANG02
You're just determined to piss me off, aren't you, Laporte? You've put your foot in it, so follow through. Do you think I'm unfit to command this squadron?
   I THINK YOU SHOULD RESIGN - The fact that you're even asking me that question suggests you need to take some time to sort yourself out, sir. If you can't lead, then step aside.
   YOU'RE IN SHOCK  -  I think that 400% casualty rate cut you so deep that you just gave up. You're afraid of what will happen if you let yourself get close again.

ANG03
Who the hell do you think you are? I mean, listen to yourself, you smug, high-handed, condescending -
   REMIND HER OF DUTY - Look, Simms, if you want to keep acting like these rooks are already dead, then that's going to turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy. Your call.
   GO BALLISTIC - You know what, maybe you should be asking yourself that question. Who the hell are YOU to treat your rookies this way? What kind of commander does that make you?

ANG04
Don't even pretend to understand what's happened on this ship, Laporte. While you were salvaging waylaid freighters we were turning the butcher's bill into a goddamn chapter book out here.
   REMIND HER OF NAVAJAS - Wake up, Simms! You know what happened to the Navajas! You're not the only soldier in the universe who's seen her squadron die a hundred little deaths!
   ACCUSE HER OF MURDER - You are guilty of negligence, Simms, and the cold fact is that negligence is causing the deaths of your pilots. You don't want to care about them dying, so you let them die!

NEUTRAL PATH

NEUT01
All right, pilot, let's wrap this sortie up. Get a feel for the ship, and let me know if you have any special requests.
   DISCUSS MORALE - Sir, I have serious concerns about morale aboard the Indus. The other rookies believe you're holding them at arm's length because you expect them all to die.
   SAY NOTHING - Copy that, One.

NEUT02 [only if pilot picked A]
 Laporte, in case it somehow wasn't clear, this is a military unit, and you will behave like a flight officer. You are not in charge of rookie morale.
   BACK DOWN - Copy that, sir. Buttoning up.
   PERSIST - This is urgent, sir. If you don't seriously reconsider your attitude towards the new pilots, you're going to push the Indus's casualty rate up towards five hundred percent.

NEUT03 [IF PILOT PICKED B]
You know what? You're really pissing me off, Laporte. You act like discipline is just a set of guidelines. You lecture me about command attitude. Did your uncle treat you like some kind of princess? Is that the problem?
   TRY TO EMPATHIZE - Look, sir, if I were in your position, I don't think I'd act any differently. Your friends and comrades are dead. You're fundamentally alone out here. And you can't let yourself get close for fear of losing us too.
   CALL HER OUT - You know what pisses me off, sir? Waste. You've lost so many pilots that the only way you think you can survive is by detaching yourself. Well, we can all tell you're resigned to our deaths. And that kills people.

NEUT04
Oh, for ****'s sake, Sublieutenant. Go on. Tell me how you REALLY feel.
   DEMAND BETTER PERFORMANCE - You have to do better, or these rooks will all die! You may have convinced yourself that there's nothing you can do, but that's simple dereliction of duty!
   CRITIQUE SPECIFIC BEHAVIOR - Does every Captain in Second Fleet run her squadron like...like an assembly line for faceless cannon fodder? You don't even learn most of the new pilots' names!

NEGATIVE PATH

NEG01
What I've seen and heard this sortie has been a major disappointment, pilot. Your jacket and your previous conduct led me to expect better.
   APOLOGIZE AND BACK DOWN - Sir! I'll try to comport myself more in line with your expectations.
   YOUR OWN DISAPPOINTMENT - You know what, sir, I could say the same about you. I came here to serve under an officer who could use my skills...not one hamstrung by self-pity.

NEG02
Is this a joke? Do you think you can get away with that kind of insubordination?
   CRITICIZE HER COMMAND RAPPORT - Any good command is built on trust, sir, and I don't trust you. None of the rooks do. You're too wrapped up in your own dead.
   CRITICIZE HER ANGER - Get mad, Simms. Go volcanic. Anything's better than this detachment you've maintained.

NEG03
You're a farce, Laporte. You're a testament to everything wrong with First Fleet. Military discipline is not some kind of optional accessory.
   YOU'VE GOT BIGGER PROBLEMS - Military discipline exists to keep a unit functioning! And this unit, sir, does not function! This is a factory for cannon fodder!
   CALL HER A FARCE - You know what's a farce, Simms? Your squadron. You are a satire of a commander, a paper tiger with all the leadership qualities of a voodoo omen.

NEG04
You are WAY out of line, Sublieutenant. This is your last chance to back down, or you're going to get real familiar with the brig.
   TOO GOOD FOR YOU! - I'm just trying to tell you what's wrong, sir. Because as things stand, this isn't a squadron that deserves my service.
   HOLD YOUR GROUND - Fine. So be it. What I'm saying has to be said, even if ends my career. Because your attitude towards these rookies is getting them killed.

After this the fighters arrive and Simms gives a 'knock it off' call for the exercise. Post-dogfight, SIMMS POINTS are tallied and success determined.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: Design doc for 'The Intervention': the conversation logic + script
How many SIMMS POINTS do you need?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Five.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
This actually reminds me of the "paths" featured in many of the more content packed visual novels I play, where numerous choices affect character reactions and endings.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Wow, this is way more extensive than I had realized. Very impressive. Just seeing the organization/design direction is fascinating. Thanks for posting!
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
This level was freaking sweet, is Rian still on the BP team?  It was also pretty meta to be fighting with the in-game flight computer while my RL computer chugged along, threatening to crash at any moment.  Ah, the good old days of 3.6.12....errr......

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Rian's definitely still in touch.

I'd originally planned for the conversation to keep branching until it was six or seven layers deep, but some basic combinatorics talked me out of that pretty fast.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
I think having it shorter but fully fleshed out like this is much preferable to the gamebook alternative where most of the choices kill the player off or quickly loop back to a main path.  Pity the VA guy though :eek:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think having it shorter but fully fleshed out like this is much preferable to the gamebook alternative where most of the choices kill the player off or quickly loop back to a main path.  Pity the VA guy though :eek:

Update: please send pity  :(

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
I'm doing the coordination for FotG's VA so I'm saving all my pity for myself, but I will send some recordings when this freaking car alarm stops going off right outside my apartment.