Author Topic: So...Act 4?  (Read 10400 times)

No, it's not too early, I want my WiH itch to be scratched now :p!

I'm actually surprised there aren't more topics like this out already - a week doesn't go by when I don't feel like replaying a mission from any of the three Acts, or re-reading some of CASANDRA dialogues while listening to the ambient music. Not to mention the fact that Act 3 just raised the quality and ingenuity bar SO high that there is litteraly no mod for any game ever that even comes close and...

Ok, enough fanboy-isms, Act 4, gimme :D!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It will be released when it's done, no sooner. Please understand that due to increasing real-life commitments on the part of all team members, we cannot give any release date whatsoever.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

The dreaded George Martin treatment? Nooooooo!

Just kidding :). Let the team take all the time it needs. Can't rush perfection.

Offline Drogoth

The dreaded George Martin treatment? Nooooooo!

Just kidding :). Let the team take all the time it needs. Can't rush perfection.

Yeah every time we ask they kill a character.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Ve kan has akt phor plz? :p Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms Kill Simms

Offline Luis Dias

I'm actually quite at peace. These guys are probably just not working at the mod atm for a few months now due to life concerns, etc., but if they ever decide they can't really finish this thing out, they have promised to leave us with the general plot.

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
If BP goes unfinished I will mourn it for the rest of my days. :(

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I'm pretty sure it won't go unfinished... We've got some really good devs working on it!  :nod:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
That's a relief. Wouldn't want this to become Blue Planet Forever :P

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
Really busy devs. Busy with real life. Stuff happens. Tenebra alone took, what, two and a half years or something? Which I can understand because, seriously, it's the densest most insane FreeSpace I have ever played. I can only imagine the ridiculous FRED hax that were needed. Leave it to BP to push the boundaries of this game's engine.

Well... the rest of WiH already has a significant amount of work done on it. I think it's fairly safe to say that the team will, eventually, release it (even if it's just a "here's what we got done" thing, in the worst case). As for BP3, I've heard murmurs that if they really can't make it happen as a campaign the writers may just write up the story and release it as a novel.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
Well... the rest of WiH already has a significant amount of work done on it. I think it's fairly safe to say that the team will, eventually, release it (even if it's just a "here's what we got done" thing, in the worst case).

Unless I've missed something (which is very possible, I'm not exactly on the up-and-up), the last official word is that Act IV is still very much in-progress and Act V is not even started. Is there anything more recent than my version of this thread (featuring Batutta rage, a substantive answer to this thread's question, and JAD!)? ;)

As for BP3, I've heard murmurs that if they really can't make it happen as a campaign the writers may just write up the story and release it as a novel.

That's... ambitious? Again unless I have missed something that was more along the lines of Batutta musing "You know I once tossed around the idea of making the BP story into a legit novel but it would be a lot of work to make it not violate copyrights and stuff"

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You missed something called IRC. What is on the forum is far to be all the communication happening.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
Hence my continual caveats. Maybe I should lurk your irc too. :drevil:

Offline CT27

You missed something called IRC. What is on the forum is far to be all the communication happening.

Where would I find this IRC for this site/Freespace?

Where would I find this IRC for this site/Freespace?

If you look at the bar on the top of the page, next to "HLP Network," there is a tab titled "HLP." Click on that, mouse over IRC, and you'll see the various links for Mibbit or IRCd.

Offline CT27

Thanks.

As for the thread topic, will the next release of WIH conclude WIH (i.e. acts 4 and 5 released together like 1 and 2) or will the final two acts be separate releases?

Offline Luis Dias

I think that when they annouce it we will all learn those details. Probably not before.

Offline Nagrach

• Just another Freespacer
I'am more worried about the Progress of the Voice Acting...
Crabby the crappy crab crap.

-273 °C. Finally a place where I don't need to sweat.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
If it goes unfinished I'll probably just man up, make some practice campaigns (already made some headway on that part), then try to finish it myself.