Author Topic: darius: act 5 ending theme?  (Read 2732 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
darius: act 5 ending theme?
It's perfect!

e: hahahaha of all the threads to mis-post in public

Re: darius: act 5 ending theme?
Well ****, that's bad news for us tevs.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Luis Dias

Pitch perfect, I'd say. A tad too lovecraftian, but still.

e: I like the dubstep weapon usage at the middle. Is this some kind of weapon.tbl spoiler?

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
WHY do I always forget my headphones? Now I can't listen to this till tonight! Gha!

Good to know you guys are already choosing the music for act 5. And VAing act 4. Something awesome is around the corner, I assume.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't want to ruin the, uh, big surprise, but there's a reason it's safe to leave this post in public. (we started talking about act 5 ending music years ago!)

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I don't want to ruin the, uh, big surprise, but there's a reason it's safe to leave this post in public. (we started talking about act 5 ending music years ago!)

As if this wasn't enough of a speculation-bait already :P
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No no the big surprise is that the music
Spoiler:
is hilarious
. All our upcoming releases - Acts 4+5, BP3, the War in Heaven Director's Cut, and the move towards BP Standalone - are public knowledge, and none of them are imminent.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
No no the big surprise is that the music
Spoiler:
is hilarious
. All our upcoming releases - Acts 4+5, BP3, the War in Heaven Director's Cut, and the move towards BP Standalone - are public knowledge, and none of them are imminent.

That's what I get for not having headphones. I think the joke is on me.  ;)

I didn't necessarily mean that a release was immanent; between act 4 VA previews and
Spoiler:
what I thought was an actual act 5 leak as opposed to a leaked bit of development humor
, I simply felt that the worries that sprung up over the summer about BP stalling could be put to rest.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:30:21 am by InsaneBaron »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I simply felt that the worries that sprung up over the summer about BP stalling could be put to rest.
I think those are more put to rest by status updates like this:
Quote from: General Battua, in IRC
<battuta> voice acting update
<battuta> we've closed another 16 roles since my last count and the remaining list is very short

(Plus tales of FREDing acts 4-5, of course.)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Just remember the golden rule of helping BP progress!

Offline Hellzed

Does this make Blue Planet actually a part of the JAD continuity ?

Offline Axem

If so, the Shivans were totally playing Disco Inferno as Capella was going supernova.

Offline Darius

Confirmed Serkr team's victory theme  :yes:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:54:54 pm by Darius »

Offline CT27

Well ****, that's bad news for us tevs.

How so?

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I would love it if serkr was playing this over their ship intercoms while toasting the ranvir.