Author Topic: Where Have You Seen Diaspora Mentioned?  (Read 35257 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Where Have You Seen Diaspora Mentioned?
That advertising inside Star Citizen's forums is quite the Trojan horse for FSO, Matth. Great catch! :yes:

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
We're in PC Games N Top 100 Free Games list. http://www.pcgamesn.com/100-best-free-pc-games/page/0/5

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Considering that they put pay to play and non-indie games up there I'm pretty pleased :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Pity they didn't include TBP though. Diaspora and WCS made a lot of noise recently but TBP is the granddaddy when it comes to FS2_Open TCs.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

minecraft forums. i was like "watttttt......"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Link please.

Offline Leemon

First my post is to answer topic:

With first try sometime ago this year when I've tried to search for BSG PC game, i found mentioning Diaspora but made me believe that project is abandoned or still in development...

But days ago one buddy in BSG Online chat while playing gave me Youtube link with gameplay and game download links... Cant wait to come back from work when download will finish and try it out  :nervous:

Coming from Star Citizen forums, too. It is mentioned at many places there. I especially like the implementation of the glide controls. Additionally everything else is very perfect, the Battlestar model, the sound/music, the mission design, that you included a cockpit. Thank you for this gem!
Buda5 developer - a decade ago^^

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Sure enough, Diaspora is listed #25 in "The Top 50 Free PC Games" in PC Gamer's October 2013 issue. Unfortunately they got the URL wrong (http://www.diaspora.hard-light.net/ :banghead:) but people can Google to find it, unless there's a way to redirect that URL to the right one.

Here's a nice quote:
The presentation is fantastic, and the voice acting solid, but it's the scale of battles that sells the experience. Your first encounter with a Cylon Baseship feels as overwhelming and dangerous as the show suggests it should.

Offline HeadScar

• Glide Mode
I saw in a german TV show about Computer culture, Nerd ethics and Computer Games. The show was called "Pixelmacher" (means Pixel creators). And the topic was "Modders are the best". They showed a little footage of Diaspora in the first scene and mentioned "Many games by modders resulted in outstanding projects".
And I hope u like jammin', too

I accidently found this while looking for a controller setup for bsg online and the search engine pointed me here :P.

Boy am i glad it did spent two days getting my bsg online account to work, and since i did i pretty much been playing this since i found it.

Bravo to the team though guys, amazing job, the voice acting, the graphics, the missions, the physics, all brilliant.

Not had my heart pump this hard playing a game in a long long long time.

That ign review is junk tho, really ign a free game with this level of production values and you only give it that score? Hell at this point this since i found it in 2013 is in the lead for my 2013 games of the year :P.

Really looking forward to future campaigns from the team, your ideas on stealth also look great, thank you all so much for this.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The X3 BSG mod released a couple of weeks ago. Since they're using the Theseus (with permission) and crediting us for it, I suppose that counts as a mention. :)

Hopefully we'll get a proper thread on it from people who have X3 and have played it.

Offline MilesRS

Hey,

great to see that the x3ap mod has been mentioned! thanks for the mention karajorma! link has been placed on our forum to your website as well.
btw it was the basestar we used haha

The mod is now fully functional so you are all welcome to give it a go (if you have x3ap of course).

Miles

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That will teach me to scan the page rather than reading carefully. :)

Have you got any nice screenshots for us to look at?

Offline MilesRS

Haha, we should have a new trailer ready this week so i will post the link to it here once its uploaded :)

Miles

Offline MilesRS

Hey,

The x3ap Battlestar Galactica teaser trailer for V. 3.03 has just been released. So if you would like to take a look at what you will find in game please follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SAQSuErB0&feature=youtu.be

For further information and the download, heres the forum link again: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347344&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thank you again to the diaspora team for the great basestar model that we have used in the mod!!

Miles

I have seen it on moddb a long time ago and just remembered it again. BTW why was diaspora removed from  moddb?
Warcraft 2.5
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-25
a fast paced Broodwar/Warcraft2 style mod for Warcraft 3 TFT (without heroes)

http://zero.tauniverse.com/
Total Annihilation Conversion with improved graphics, controls and an additional faction.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
At one point the ModDB removed every single Battlestar Galactica mod after something happened with the Nexus mod.

Offline MilesRS

Little announcement for the x3ap bsg mod. Please see post below for further details. Diaspora members are also more than welcome to post any ideas concerning the new mod in development (check out our website for further details)

The day has come for us to announce our brand spanking new Website, as well as the new mod!!!!

The new website will host a number of functions, these include:

- News

- Announcements

- Technical Support

- A place for you to talk about everything that is Battlestar Galactica

- Add friends

- Pm's as well as a fully functioning chat area!

- Chat with the devs!

- An area for general discussions about the X series

- Download links

!!!!!! And much much more !!!!!!

Support concerning the X3ap BSG mod will still be given on the egosoft forums, but if you want super quick replies, and the benefit of the whole dev team in one place, the website is the place to be!!!

- - - - Enough talk, here's our new website, plus a special BSG steam group, take a look, register and join us - - - -

www.x-battlestar.com

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/x-bsg

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Scott Manley (of Kerbal Space Program fame) posted him playing and talking through the first mission (as he does) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ueG3SZrTaI

He has some grips, but I don't think they are anything we don't already know about our beloved FSO :)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments