Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > MechCommander OmniTech

Has anybody ever installed MCO on a clean win 10 install (NOT win upgrade)?

(1/2) > >>

wolfman-x:
MCO runs perfect when PC with prior win version is upgraded to win 10. It runs with bad resolution when it is installed on a PC with fresh installed Win 10 (NOT Upgraded). Most people upgraded to Win 10 and had MCO already installed-> no issues ).
Did anybody ever install MCO on a clean Win10 PC? What happened in that case and how did you make it run OK?

wolfman-x:
Actually it is not the resolution but the color depth that is not working correctly. Everything shows in lowest possible color depth but only for MCO/MC2X. Everything else has optimal colors depth.

theperfectdrugsk:
My computer was Windows 10 from the start...never had color depth issues.

Silly question, but you've changed the compatibility settings for the .exe, right?

I no longer have MCO installed to check what I used, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Win XP SP2 compatibility and 16 bit colors.

wolfman-x:
Thx for the info. It is important for me to know now that it can work on a fresh win10 install.
I tried all types of compatibility settings; but none changed a thing.
Did you adapt any Win10 settings like Legacy support or similar?

theperfectdrugsk:
Hmmm...honestly, I can't remember, sorry.  I know the only 'Legacy components' windows feature I have selected is DirectPlay, but I can't remember if that was for MCO or not.  Enable it and see if it works?

Some quick google-fu led me here: http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4364.0.  If you scroll down there are some posts about color issues, which might be similar to what you're having?  I know the posts say the color issues are specific to older OSes, and not clean windows 10, but still might be worth a look-see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version