Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 913434 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Yeah. Just restart the game from desktop and start Eyes fresh.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I imagine this has probably been said before (FYI I left PC gaming in 2003 and became a console gamer due to my PC at the time dying every other day, and I only came back to PC gaming in 2012/13 - mainly due to Black Mesa - and only rediscovered FS in 2017ish) so apologies if I am beating a deceased Equus  :p but something just occurred to me.

The timing of the Vasudans discovering the past existence of the Ancients, AND that discovery being made on the planet that ALSO happened to have the records of the technology needed to track the Lucifer through subspace and the knowledge that in subspace it can be killed, at exactly the right time for lucy to be killed inside the Sol wormhole and thus isolating Earth is one hell of a coincidence (or string of unlikely coincidences.)

Since I don't believe in coincidences I posit that these events were precisely engineered to reach that outcome. Think on these;

Who would have wanted to force the GTA and the Vasudans to work together?

Who would then have wanted the humans in Sol to survive once peace had been reached?

Who would have the the near omnipotence to know that the tech and info needed to destroy the Lucifer was located on that planet?

Who would then have the ability to covertly encourage its Vasudan discoverers (invisibly and at a distance) to be at the right place at the right time, and the prescience to know it would lead to the isolation of Sol?

For whom would this isolated population be desirable?

I think we all know the answer.

Which also raises another question; "Were the Ancient's monologues that Alpha 1 saw / heard actually from the Ancients (who have supposedly been dead for 8,000 years), or were they by a certain Nagari capable entity/s that is/are still very much in existence impersonating the ancients for their own purposes?"

Rabbitholing intensifies   ;7

Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That is a very cool idea.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
That is a very cool idea.

Feel free to 'appropriate'  ;)

First time playing Freespace in roughly ten years, just want to mention that I'm very very impressed by Blue Planet!  :D huge compliments to everyone who has worked on it. Thanks for the hard work and I'm hoping to see more of your work in the future ^^

Offline Aurora

What's the menu theme for War in Heaven? I noticed it also played in My Brother, My Enemy but I can't find it anywhere.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
What's the menu theme for War in Heaven? I noticed it also played in My Brother, My Enemy but I can't find it anywhere.
Apocalyptica. There was a youtube channel a year or so ago that had uploaded many of the WiH soundtracks, but I've been unable to find it.

If you want to download it, a .vp viewer will allow you to open up the mod and extract the .ogg file. It's in bpc_audio2>Music. I use Maja Express  :yes:

Offline Aurora

Apocalyptica. There was a youtube channel a year or so ago that had uploaded many of the WiH soundtracks, but I've been unable to find it.

If you want to download it, a .vp viewer will allow you to open up the mod and extract the .ogg file. It's in bpc_audio2>Music. I use Maja Express  :yes:

I found that one, but I'm referring to the other tune that plays right after you commit. It also plays in the main menu.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam

I found that one, but I'm referring to the other tune that plays right after you commit. It also plays in the main menu.

Battle music? That would be Quutamo. That one's on YT as well.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
The first one (War in Heaven menu and My Brother, My Enemy first track) is Rogue Squadron by Fernando Pepe and the first battle track from that mission is Quutamo by Apocalyptica.

Unless the latest update changed something, of course.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Aurora

ye thats the one! thanks bb

Offline ShivanSpS

I was thinking after re-playing Silent Threat, if the Shivans adjust their forms and tech level to the enemy they are fighting, this means the reason the Lucifer existed was because of the Hades being built? The Hades was designed to destroy the Vasudans after all, it kinda fits with the idea of the Lucifer being meant as a way to make Humans and Vasudans join forces.
I always belived it was something odd, the Ancients were a HUGE empire until the Shivans destroyed them, the Humans and Vasudans were not anywere near that level.

That was a missed opportunity on Age of Aquarius, there could have been some reference to what happened to that Hades, altrought it would had been useless whiout beam weapons.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:53:58 pm by ShivanSpS »

While the Hades most likely existed long before Lucy showed up, it most likely had no beam weapons.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The FS1 Lucy was a leftover from the Ancient cull. Its shield, stealth, and subspace mobility made it an absolute horror for the Ancients to contend with. The Shivans wouldn’t really have reacted to the Hades until they encountered it.

Offline ShivanSpS

Did i ever mentioned about the ridiculously LONG list of copyrights claims i got for uploading War in Heaven?

I have no idea if all of that are correct but that has to be a record.

hi, really enjoying this so far, the war heaven part 2 is amazing i dont know how many man hours went into these missions, must be 500+ for each. i got to the mission where u defend the gas station with turrets, it says the repair turret will rearm me but it doesn't. also it doesnt repair me. is there a button i have to press? i can live without repair but the rearm is vital because im using the 4000 ammo shotgun, the unlimited ammo weapons arent good.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I recently encountered the no-rearm thing too.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline AdDur

There is a thing that bothers me and i completally do not remember if it was ever answered - why actually Artemis station did not enacted Scorched Earth protocole?

Because they could not evacuate the entire station before it was overrun.  They would have had to kill their own people.  In the UEF society, that would have been a monstrous crime beyond contemplation for just about everyone except the Fedayeen and possibly Calder.

Which is (aside from the huge T2 problem) precisely why the GTVA believes the UEF has to be destroyed before its ideas can infect the rest of the GTVA.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan