Author Topic: The Babylon Project is requesting for voice actors.  (Read 20669 times)

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
yeh I sent mine as well but I'm still trying to get my hands on a proper mic. the samples' quality isn't too good.

Am recording now, just trying to make it sound 'right'...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Good good. Just 11 roles left to fill now.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

I've sent mine back to you.  Let me know if you need me to redo them.

Abersoch

I´ve sent better samples now. Hope they´ll do. :) Added an russian accent sample too (I study russian language) :)

Sent all voice files, tell me if you want me to retry it. :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
For those who are interested. All roles are now assigned and everyone has received a new copy of the script. I have half the samples back and am waiting on the remaining half. So things are progressing :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Waiting for samples from under 10 actors now.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I'm so spaced out this weekend. Anyway I backtracked and found the mail you sent me, seesh all I had to do was look here eh?;) Anyway my lines are done, zipped, and sent (and lableled rw 38 001-012) . Any probs let me know, I think it's not great but hopefully you can still use them. L8tr!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

How's it coming? Sent my lines in the 13th, but didn't receive an ack; hope you got them...

-Jason Carpenter

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Got those thanks. Still waiting for a very small number of samples from a very small number of voice actors. I might have to chase them up again shortly. Doing some bug fixing in the mean time.

Offline Holmes

Only one pesky line left-- just sent you a message on the subject, IPAndrews.  The other 71 you should have.
"But manhood is melted into courtesies, valour into compliment, and men are only turned into tongue, and trim ones too: he is now as valiant as Hercules that only tells a lie and swears it."  

--William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, Act IV, Scene I

Offline Holmes

Finished.  All lines sent + dead air sample.  Have fun putting the whole mess together.
"But manhood is melted into courtesies, valour into compliment, and men are only turned into tongue, and trim ones too: he is now as valiant as Hercules that only tells a lie and swears it."  

--William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, Act IV, Scene I

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Originally posted by Holmes
Finished.  All lines sent + dead air sample.  Have fun putting the whole mess together.

Great. Now let's see if I can get rid of that nasty echo your samples are having when I clean them. :)

Unless you are a Goddess, that would explain why there would be a echo at all. ;7
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I didn't notice an echo when I was trying to clean them. One of us must have a problem with their ears. Then again I let Ken Noga's cathedralesque samples slide, so it's probably me with the ear problem.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You just gave me a good reason to check out her samples.

Sorry about that cathedralesque stuff.   Should I record in a closet or something?  If the editing won't fix it ... yes i will do them again.  Don't we have the technology to fix it?  Was my volume setting wrong maybe?  You could have told me after the first batch IP!!?!?  This stinks, I don't wanna sound like a monk
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 08:47:32 pm by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
You just gave me a good reason to check out her samples.

You'll be impressed.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by PSI-KILLER
Sorry about that cathedralesque stuff.   Should You could have told me after the first batch IP!!?!?  This stinks, I don't wanna sound like a monk

Whoa there Ken! I did tell you. I thought you were post processing remember? You said you were doing everything as per instructions. Knowing that, I said record the samples anyway because I wanted your voice for the part. So they can blame me.

Anyway who cares if your samples have a little echo. We're not paid professionals here! Besides we're going to add a radio style effect to everyones samples which will disguise it anyway.

If at some point you decide for your own peace of mind to hire a professional recording studio and record spotless new samples that'd be great :). In the mean time your existing samples are fine. Like Emily our Scylla captain you did a damn good job too considering the hokey diologue.

Yeah I do remember.  The setting was put at "what you hear".  the sample is how I sound.  A sound recording studio is what is needed but I don't have one maybe I can convert my water closet