Author Topic: Ideas for new Campaigns  (Read 16592 times)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Ideas for new Campaigns
People post their campaign ideas here.

I've had a look at some of the B5 RPG books. I think that some of the RP scenarios from it could be addapted into campaigns for The Babylon Project. What do you think
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Ideas for new Campaigns
don't know any of these. But when TBP lacks something, then it's campaigns.

B5 fans unite, world domination is imminent!

By the way, Dark Children is done and will be released around the time of the 3.4b update. (thx to FUBAR and Draco again for testing and additional help)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

B5 fans unite, world domination is imminent!

You'll never achieve world domination. Not while Bungie and the seventh column are around.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!
I will be doing a fictional story on one particular EA Omega Destroyer that fought in the Earth Civil war. There isn't much information about the one ship, other than the side it was on and that it was an Omega class Destroyer.  :rolleyes: I'm starting it off as a Midwinter which is decommissioned in the second mission, but comes back (3rd or 4th Mission, haven't decided that... I'm kind of winging it :p) as an Omega. I'm trying to this mission to be a gentle switch from the classic Hyperion Cruiser class ie: the raider wars campaign.

The campaign will have at least (give or take) 20 missions, I'm going to try extending the first few missions and link them with B5 and the Earth Civil War  :D

So yes, there will be an "Endgame" mission and lots of other interesting stuff in it. I've been trying to make the first few missions very simple with the events and then later much harder and by far more interesting.

If you fail on the second mission, look for a funny ending  :lol:
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What might be nice to see is the story of an EA destroyer that starts out on the wrong side and eventually has to change sides (or not).

The first act would be all about pumping up the player about how these rebel scum are trying to break up the alliance and the horrors of Sheridan's plan to make everyone part Minbari.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Yathin

What might be nice to see is the story of an EA destroyer that starts out on the wrong side and eventually has to change sides (or not).

The first act would be all about pumping up the player about how these rebel scum are trying to break up the alliance and the horrors of Sheridan's plan to make everyone part Minbari.

I might have that occur.... (1st sentence) but maybe not that second sentence, it would be slightly too complex for the ship I'm working on...  Maybe I'll have the other Omega Destroyer involved be shocked and go with Clark :p

Actually, I'll try that.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 04:42:12 pm by Yathin »
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I might be starting on a campaign soon.  Just have to find the time.  Only problem is I'm good at starting them but terrible at finishing them.  So far I have only tried multi missions which since PXO went down when I was working on them were really hard to test.  Maybe single player campaign will be easier.  I'm good at the FREDing but horrible at briefings and debriefings.  Never even tried cut scenes or command briefings.   I also have a tendency of deciding to stick new missions in the middle of the campaign instead of finishing it.  Kind of the never ending story of campaigns.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I do have a campaigns based on the Telepath Crisis and Crusade in the planning stage.

Unfortunatly i dont have the ships i need to make them.

for my TC campaign i need the Psi-Carrier from Epiphanies

For my crusade Campaign, i need the Technomage Shuttle

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Well we need a full length Earth Minbari War campaign... and we need a Earth Alliance Civil War campaign (someone could help Skullar)... and we need a Shadow War campaign...
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Now what do you think will be the plot of Fortune Hunters 2260 (to be released soon)? And 2261?
The great war will be upon you all...  ;7 ;7 ;7          ...and I promise one thing: IT ROCKS!  :nod:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Was thinking about campaigns and missions.  Some of us don't have time to do a whole campaign at once.  What if we made individual missions that would fit events in the B5 universe.  Then someone working on the campaign could grab those missions and just insert them.  Changes could be made to the individual missions as needed.  The mission author could just outright state that changes are OK or ask to be notified via the mission specs.   It could work the other way around too. 

Someone writing a campaign could request a mission based on so and so then someone with time could pick up the request and make it.    This way each of us could use our various talents to get campaigns together.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
That's basically how a team makes a campaign. Have a look at the Raider Wars credits and see how many people were involved in that campaign? About half of those missions were put together by designers other than myself. I was so busy with other TBP related bits and pieces that I could never have finished the whole thing on my own.

Personally I like working in a campaign team. Splitting the workload between more than one designer means halving the time it takes to complete a campaign. It also brings in someone else's ideas and that can enrich your campaign. Just be aware that you have to be on the same page as the other designers about what direction your campaign is taking. And impose an overall style across all the missions to avoid it looking cobbled together. I strongly recommend having a list of missions and what must happen in each mission written before you touch FRED. Along with a list of character profiles so mission designers know how the protagonists should behave.

If any of you guys did want to form a team you have this forum to work in.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline maje

So, if anyone's up for a big AIM pow-wow to discuss possible campaign ideas, I'm online....now. :nervous:
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I don't currently have any IMs installed.  Only thing I did have set up recently was the hard light IRC.  That system got hit by lightning and I had to reload it after the repairs.  Guess I'll have to get that set up in the near future.

As far as campaign plots go would it have to revolve around one pilot?  Would an episode to episode type plot be possible?  Maybe something from a third party perspective.  One just hit me as I was typing perspective.  What about a rogue telepath that likes to watch through the eyes of and take over pilots?  Death wouldn't even be a problem.  You could have the player go on a suicide mission then still be back for the next mission.  It really wouldn't matter if the plot was a bit choppy then.

Heck you could even kill the pilot mid mission and red alert to the mind of another pilot.

Offline maje

Do you want to take this to PMs then?  Granted, it's a lot easier via IM.  Would you be able to DL AIM?

P.S.  Terran_Emperor, why not just use placeholder ships for what you need until the actual ships are finished?  Say, use a Kestrel labeled "Technomage Shuttle" for the time being, and use the modified Epsilon ship for the Psi Corp carrier (though correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same ship you're looking for?)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:54:49 pm by maje »
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I remembered I had trillion on my computer next door.  Came over here and I do have it installed but only configured for IRC.  I'll just install it on my main computer tomorrow.  All my account info is on an old computer over there so I can't log in right now.  Think since I'm here I'll just do a rare TV night. 

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
maje
Im not talking about the Psi Death Wagon (Modified Azimov)(Canon name BTW - in Crusade Script "Value Jugements"). The PSI Carrier looks like the PSI crew shuttle but has larger dimenions - at least 3 times as long and has 6 dock points on the underside.

But thanks for your suggesions. The kestral will do for the Technomage Pinnacle.
For the Psi Carrier, I will use the Reader carrier as it is the only other ship to utilise external docking for fighters

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Something with Psi-corp and the shadows working together causing al sorts of mischief.  Just thowing around ideas.

Offline Yathin

Something with Psi-corp and the shadows working together causing al sorts of mischief.  Just thowing around ideas.

playing as psi-garribaldi would be nice  ;7 (Well, even though it probably could never work)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
OK now I have IRC, ICQ, and hopefully AIM and Yahoo set up.  You know your getting old when you have a 7 digit ICQ ID.