Author Topic: Ideas for new Campaigns  (Read 16586 times)

Offline maje

Re: Ideas for new Campaigns
okay, now log online to AIM so I can bombard you with story idea-------so, we can sip tea and have a civil discussion of the state of affairs regarding  concepts for the Babylon Project, old boy. :p :D
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I should be on there already.  I registered and have Trillian set up to accept message from there.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline maje

That's odd, AIM says you're not online.
Actually, it says your AIM screen name is invalid.  Well, I do have your Yahoo IM  The way my AIM is setup is that I should be able to converse regardless of Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, etc.

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Actually, it says your AIM screen name is invalid.  Well, I do have your Yahoo IM  The way my AIM is setup is that I should be able to converse regardless of Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, etc.

Take this to private messages people. Unless you have something you'd like to shre with the rest of the calss  :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline maje

Take this to private messages people. Unless you have something you'd like to shre with the rest of the calss  :)

Absolutely, class is spelled c-l-a-s-s, you know, IP as a member of the people that founded the English language, I'd expect more in terms of spelling
 :P ;)

But to make a more "on-point" discussion, I'll toss this around and see how it fares.

My initial campaign has you placed in the role of a former Narn pilot-turned mercenary that's currently working as part of a Brakiri owned PMC (private military contractor) sometime during late 2259 after the Narn-Centauri War.  The campaign length in terms of timeframe isn't terribly long as it ends about the time around Babylon 5's succession from the Earth Alliance.

I have something like 5-6 characters already written up with full background stories, so they're pretty fleshed out, though I still need to work out a few more Brakiri PMC characters and actually set up some interesting missions (ideas and execution are needed, I pretty much have the general framework worked out, but I'm having trouble with "transition" missions (transition referring to setups that link missions together and help build up the overall story to the ultimate climax and resolution).

To give you an idea on what I have worked out here, I'll post some of the character descriptions (spoiler free, of course). ;)

Ka'Nar - This is the player's alter ego whose past is shrouded in secrecy.  Once part of a Narn investigation in 2257 to root out corrupt Regime officials tied to selling top secret information on the black market, official reports are that the mission was a complete disaster with no survivors. Ironically, your file was altered to take the blame for what happened and states that you died as a traitor to your own kind.  Ever since, you've managed to scrape by working for the Brakiri-owned PMC.

Go'Mek - a former military official of the Narn Regime, Go'Mek has not given up on his mission or superior's orders to bring down the Centauri Republic at any cost.   Though he has not engaged them in any meaningful military means, he plots to secretly destroy the enemy from within.

Doug Schaper and Sam Baker - both former vets of the Earth-Minbari War, their pasts are shrouded and kept in secrecy from everyone else.  One thing is for sure, what they saw in a supposedely uninhabited region of space has made them cautious and even slightly supersticious of what lurks in the unknown.

Mano Treer - a Centauri nobleman who dreams of one day ruling the Republic, his house, although minor, has gained prestige through aiding Lord Refa in pacifying the occupied Narn territories and has even been given jurisdiction over trade and traffic routes going to and from Narn space.  However, his thirst for power grows ever more as he seeks to replace Cartagia as ruler of the Republic.

So that's it in a nutshell.

I could go explain further, but seriously, that would compromise the twists and turns, and believe me, there are a few big ones, especially for those who can read more into what's being said. :D

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
THe crusade Campaign im folloing would have 6 parts.

1) Addaptation of A Call To Arms You start (Since doing the Excaliber/Victory's mission against the deathcloudis impossible, Those last few missions leave you in a series of heavy-combat missions, whilst the Excalibur and Victory are busy elsewhere. As they are your base ships, you can still hear their radio chatter).

2) Based on Season 1 of Crusade - Also includes adaptations of the unmade episodes "To the Ends of the Earth" (features the loss of the grey Bellhop Uniforms in a "Laundry Accident"), "Value Judgements" (the infamous lost Bester episode) and "The End of the Line"  - very important for plot.

3) Based on JMS plans for season 2 - A cure to the plague is found. and this one contains mostly mission series against Drahk, with the occasional clash with Raiders, the centauri and other nasties. However, towards the end, something terrible is discovered about the cure to the plague. The Excalibur crew are declaired Traitors (hey thats no spoiler...JMS says it would have happened loud and clear - therefor since JMS said it, it is a cannon fact)...as to what causes that to occur, im not saying.

4) The Excaliber is now on the Run, hunted by all sides, EA, ISA, Drahk and others . You gain a few alliesthe Basis of these missions will be amongst other things, Star Trek Shattered universe - not using the AU stuff, but the concept of being on the run and hunted by everyone. Of course i will improve the missions alot, junking some altogether.

5) Excalibur Now in unknow space - havent decided the plot yet. But i do know that it ends with some shocking revelations about those behind the Shadow Hybrid.
6) Final battle against the (Spoiler) and the (Spoiler). Plot still in the works.

Oh, i just thought of. After the End of Season 1, I'm going to ask for a vote on what happens to one of the major characters
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Absolutely, class is spelled c-l-a-s-s, you know, IP as a member of the people that founded the English language, I'd expect more in terms of spelling

Thanks. I've been spelling it that way for years. People often mistake it for a typo, but they're wrong.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!

Thanks. I've been spelling it that way for years. People often mistake it for a typo, but they're wrong.

What I'd like to see would be a totally illegible, but fun campaign. Some of my common problems would be misspelling misspelling (mispelling), alright (allright), and in between (inbetween. its just a thing I have  :()

Of course when I was doing the second mission for my campaign, I said "Allright, Allright!" Thankfully, this post has reminded me to fix it  :p

Ziz iz zhre capshtan Dexshterr shmit of zhe Euth Alliaence Desshtoye Agrippuh tuh Babylun fuve and runegarde sheeps. Yur arr orduhed tuh suhredderr you cummands ann prepard tuh bee boardered
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:46:09 pm by Yathin »
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Deus Ex Machina for TBP  :lol:

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
you spoiled it  :hopping: :hopping: :hopping:        :D

nice idea with the Crusade campaign. Do it!  :nod:    (I'll help you kidnap Gary Cole and the rest of the actors so they will record the voice files  ;)   ). Seriously, it sounds good.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
 :lol: nice.

But like I said, I need the Technomage Pinnicle (shuttle)...Until it is made, i will need to use a placeholder ship...maybe the kestral or centauri shuttle. Oh i'll need two versions. One non-playable that is capable of AI Un/docking and one that is playable.

I also need to buy crusade, so i can see how the existing battles go and how they can be modified for playability.

As for other alien ships not in the  TBP...If they aren't made, i'll import some of the alien vessels from other Freespace Mods as replacements...Vasudan, Ancient/That race from Blue Planet:AoA, maybe some shivans...

However, due to the number of ships involved, this project will require SCP INF build

For the last 2 sub-campaigns, i'll need a small pack of vehicle...mostly reskins...If and when i get to that point, I'll submit more info, via PMs to the appropriate people to avoid spoilers.

PS
As to my "TPB Deus Ex Machina" comment...I think it would be nice to see a campaign done just for sheer humour like DEM was

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
This crusade campaign idea is a good concept but it needs a lot of fleshing out.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I know...I'm thinking of steal-uh, that is, taking as inspiration ( ;7) and expanding missions from some of the other fighter Sims ive played. CW:V (Mission against the aliens/missions with the character Drake), CW:RS - Sha'har missions....Etc

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Vidmaster

colony wars: red sun sucks! the first two are awesome, the 3rd installment is not the same game world anymore.

Sb could also help Skullar with the Earth Civil War...

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Some of the missions in red-sun were alright. But i agree for the most part it sucked

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Vidmaster

b2t  :)

sb ever thought of making a Minbari campaign? Playing a rookie in the Earth-Minbari war as some sort of prologe or training, then jumping ahead to a time when your character is older and relive the show (like you do in FH)!

I had a script somewhere, let me search...    (I did not finish it since I liked the Hunters more). I remember that the first mission was called "Holy Slaughter" and you had to obliterate dozens of Starfuries and two EA Novas  :mad2:

EDIT: No more script. Okay, scratch one.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:57:04 pm by Vidmaster »

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
As to mission...when i get to Season 1, I'll be starting on the missions with the shadow hybrid and working from there...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:40:10 pm by terran_emperor »

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well I've got an idea I would like to start on but I need some info to get going.  First is there an existing background for the orion colonies?  Second how do you make a custom background?  I would like to put a regular FRED created FS2/TBP background in the game, add some ships and stuff in, take a screen shot and use that as part of a new background.  Is it possible?  I've already figured out how to add a new planet (well in this case is was supposed to be a black circle) but that is the only thing I've ever tried to do outside of using the stock vp stuff.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline maje

A Crusade campaign would be awesome, but I really wouldn't start on it until the whole story was finished and you knew how it was going to end.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I do have idea. I havent flesh them out yet. but i do have a very basic plot in mind...

Next break i get in Uni work, i'll do a strazinski and write the whole plot out on revision cards, then tell everyone that the whole plot is encryted on my computer and challenge them to break the encryption. : ;7

:lol: - JMS actually did that for babylon 5. He told the cast that the entire plot to b5 was encrypted on his computer. And that if they could break the passqord and the encrytion code, then they could read the entire storyline.
Infact JMS did not have the plot on his computer. he had written the the whole thing down on those 4x6 inch cards and left them in his paper tray right next to the computer that various cast members were trying to hack.  none of them thought to look there :pimp:

I wonder if he did a 5 year treatment for crusade...Can anyone get in contact with him and find out? If so, see if he'll let me use it. Ill be busy with Vidmaster kidnapping the cast. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:13:22 pm by terran_emperor »

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit