Author Topic: Ideas for new Campaigns  (Read 16587 times)

Re: Ideas for new Campaigns
Much though I like JMS in this respect it's a pity Joss Whedon wasn't the man responsible for B5. He's always so desperate to get the unfinished plot lines for his shows fleshed out we'd probably only have to contact him and ask to make it into a game. :D

you never know. with any luck maybe the two will work together on a project someday.

Offline Sidmo

How about a campaign that centers the Centauri's border skirmishes with the Drazi, Pak'ma'Ra and others of the LoNAW after the second Centauri-Narn war?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
A campaign following an explorer class ship? . . . . . Too homeworld?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline maje

How about a campaign that centers the Centauri's border skirmishes with the Drazi, Pak'ma'Ra and others of the LoNAW after the second Centauri-Narn war?

Funny you should mention that since that's my three mission introductory arc to the first campaign I'm writing.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

A campaign following an explorer class ship? . . . . . Too homeworld?

I really like that idea. I can see it being a bit dull if done wrong though. But you can say that about any campaign concept.

I can see it being a bit dull if done wrong though. But you can say that about any campaign concept.
You can say that about pretty much anything in life.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

I can see it being a bit dull if done wrong though. But you can say that about any campaign concept.
You can say that about pretty much anything in life.

touche :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I would very much like to see a league of non aligned worlds centred campaign. I am writing them into the campaign I plan on doing with Vidmaster but it will be one of many minor roles.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
League has so few ships, that's the problem. We never see Gaim, Markab and so on ships.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline maje

Well, the way I have the Gaim set up is that they're using old Narn ships left over from a failed invasion of the Gaim homeworld back when the Narn were conquering every world close to them in order to get more resources for their eventual war of vengeance against the Centauri.

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I remember vaguely, that i've read in one of the books, that the Drazi and the Brakiri sell "downgraded" ( means: weaker weapons, engines a.s.o. ) variants of their ships to other members of the League.
One of the customer are the Gaim, since they are adept in genetics ( the ambassadors on board B5 are special breeds, created for this purpose. True Gaim are far more insectoid, the humanoid version is made to "ease" their work among other humanoids) but suck in developing space craft.

So maybe use existing ships and only change weapons, speed a.s.o...

Offline maje

Just something I thought I'd throw out to any of you who are interested.  I may have a finished a Maje-TBP story bible for a campaign that I'm writing detailed synopsis for that includes general breakdowns for what I'd like to do in-game as well as campaign plot / character overviews.

The reason I'm posting this is that I would very much appreciate if one of the fred veterans could help with possibly troubleshooting anything that could cause potential problems and also (and probably more important at this stage of the game) to act as editor to see if the story is coherent, the pacing not too drawn out, etc.

As for my progress, I've about six missions written up, the seventh currently in-progress, and about 9 or 10 more pending.  Usually, missions are linked to each other in terms of story.  For example, the first arc is three missions that deal with the mounting tension along the former Gaim-Narn border with the Centauri Republic in late 2259/early 2260.

To provide you with a little advertisement of my story, here's the intro excerpt:

You are...were C'Nar, formerly of the Narn Regime.  An outcast even among your own people, you have no present, past, or future.  Fighting is all you know, and that skill has led you to join a Brakiri-owned private military contractor.  Your sole purpose is to service THEM and assist your clients with attaining their goals.  It is the end of the Earth year 2259... this is your story.

Offline Sigma One

• Squadron Leader
Well I've worked on a campaign about a year ago, but never finished it. I also had some little problems with my computer so most of the data is lost. Since 3.4b is online (wich is very cool!!!  :) ) i have planned to be a little more active...

Plot:
You are an undercover operative of the earth force special intelligence onboard of an Omega-Class destroyer (hey, i came up with this before i played "I've found her"  :p ). During the story you are often called on secret missions and you learn something about the involvement of EarthGov in the shadow activities. It gets intresting during the start of the civil war, where you have to decide wich side you will support...well at least it is planned so. Maybe you get in touch with the resistance movement on Orion 7 (would be interesting to see it from their view, because not olny the folks on Babyoln 5 fought against Clark)...
I have to search for the files, i think i made a backup. Otherwise i have to start it all over again...
- Sigma Squadron -

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
THat would be interesting, because Orion 7 was mentioned in Severed Dreams as being one of the Big Anti-Clark colonies along with B5 and Proxima. However, in S4, they didnt get a mention at all.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Sigma One

• Squadron Leader
And because we got a planet texture of Orion 7  :D
- Sigma Squadron -

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
One interesting thought comes to mind just as a passing consideration...

Vorlons live more or less forever, correct?

If that is so, nobody actually knows the fate of the Vorlons who were driven mad by the Thirdspace invasion and took the portal off into hyperspace, it wasn't mentioned where they went or even if they survived. The control must have lasted after the gate was closed for them, since the gate was closed when they took it and dropped it into hyperspace.

It does present the non-canon opportunity for the league to take on some Mad Gods, as it were ;)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I keep toying with the idea of a "Thirdspace War" campaign.

I also have a funny one where the Earth-Minbari War never happened, which is basically my excuse to justify pitting the EA against various opponents they never actually faced. The premise is that because the Earth-Minbari War never happened, the EA is in a posistion to lead a loose coalition of the League, Narns, and the newly-unisolating Minbari against the Centauri when the Centauri under Shadow influence go nuts on the Narn Regime, and from there it escalates into the EA-lead coalition against the Shadows directly. The Vorlons may not even become involved.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sigma One

• Squadron Leader
Just a stupid question:
Does anyone know the mission/campaign where this screenshot is from??
There arent many campaigns out featuring the narns besides Drums of War (can't wait for part 3!!! )
http://babylon.hard-light.net/gallery/guncapture4.jpg
- Sigma Squadron -

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I guess it WAS an early version of Babylonian History although I never got to play those.

Damn, I would love to put together a team and revive it but I don't got the time.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
That's not BHX. You can spot BHX because all the ships get generic names. Nothing race specific. Since it doesn't know what races you will pick.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.