Author Topic: Shadow Planet Killer  (Read 14904 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
if you did fail (for now, that is)

Forever. Just so we're under no illusions.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Why do you even need the planet killer itself?  There was so much going on at the same time during that battle.  Unless you want the player to fly one of the bluestars then you just have the planet killer as a background planet.  Have the player doing something else like protecting some other ships in the fleet.  Add a cut scene of the planet killer being destroyed.  Next mission try to intercept the shuttles dropping the bio weapon. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Well, i was planning on doing that for my crusade campaign, with the dialogue from the Victory and Excaliber being comms feeds. from the back ground. But then this thread showed up and i was thinking if someone could model it, then it would be great to do the missions as they are in the film. Oh well, if i wait for that to happen, the campaign will never get done...So i moght as well stick to my original planns.

But could someone do the cuscene for me?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline maje

**** this planet killer nonsense!  Does anyone know what Xa'dam (the legendary Shadow base that builds the planet killers as described in Armies of Light and Dark) looks like?  I'm sure that'd be a real beast.  :p
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
again that would be on the Moon Surface Scale, with lots and lots of buildings

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline starlord

Why the heck are those things so big? Because of this, we can't model them :lol:

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I'll just do it as the moon surface, with lots of shadow vessels and a few league bases sticking out of it.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Why the heck are those things so big? Because of this, we can't model them :lol:

Yes the Vorlon "big elephant of doom" is a far better design for a planet killer. The SPK is a silly design. I can't think of any reason for it to be planet sized itself. Aside from psychological impact.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline starlord

Or make another non cannon shadow planet killer (smaller, of course).

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Starlord you are full of good ideas. Why don't you learn how to model?

Offline starlord

It seems I'll have too at some point for the renegade legion MOD, once I finish my science thesis, that is. besides, I don't think my ideas are that great: they are just proposals, no more.

Or else simply do the LAST part where you blow up the core (skip all the entry and segments stuff). Simply make a core (not very big) in a dark nebula with a few turrets (under 100), get inside and blow up the center. Much like this test mission actually but into a nebula: It would still be very satisfactory. http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=OygmDbTrrr8

This will be the last time I bother you IPandrews, I promise. :nod:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
As an aside, the thing about the SPK is that I get the feeling it 'unfolds' for attack and is normally much smaller, probably as far as mass is concerned, it's not much more than the Mammoth of Doom,

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I always imagined it opening up to swallow the planet like a gigantic planet sized mesh Pacman.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, that's exactly the image I get, the worlds most deadly mechano set....

Offline starlord

From what I recall, after seeing the "call to arms" episode, it DID open up, no?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's never really shown clearly to be honest, so it's mostly guesswork, it certainly seems like the sensible thing to do.

Offline starlord

I thought that after the core was blown up, it would close around the victory (at least, that's the feeling I got from it).

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, in Call to Arms it sort of starts off as a big 'net' that wraps around the planet, so we know it is capable of morphing shape, but we never really see what form it takes for transport :)

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Thats my opinion

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline starlord

Do we manage to see the core? I mean, what are it's dimensions, etc... Is the "webbing" structure connected to it or just around it?