Author Topic: Weird games  (Read 4187 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I can't hear Paradroid mentioned without referring to the Spectrum version Quazatron. Having played them both I've always felt that the 3D aspect to Quazatron made it the better of the two.

That said both pale in comparison with Ranarama which is still probably my favourite game of all time.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I have to mention this one as well: COLOR Boogers (there was also a B&W Boogers). A head at the top of the screen with a big nose drops green boogers on you (a tank with a funnel on top). You have to collect them, which increases your gun energy and allows you to fire some slow moving projectiles at some, uh, gray thing moving around rapidly between you and the head. If you don't collect the booger at just the right spot, it falls on your tank and you die. $10 Shareware.

It's on the Mac section of Underdogs now.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
How about Boogerman?
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Okay lets drag this away from bogeys and back to weird games. Please may I also suggest Money Idol Exchanger. Which my girlfriend and I are currently addicted to.

It involves coins of different denominations slowly descending row by row down the screen, Puzzle Bobble style. You can pick up and throw coins back up the screen. Connect up a few coins of the same denomination and they all vanish to be replaced by a single higher value coin. So that explains the Money Exchanger part.

Idol? Well the titular (snigger) Idols are the cute little Japanese girl characters who you get to play as. They have a habit of pointing at their teeth repeatedly and are altogether way too excited about the whole Bereau De Change business. Leaping for joy in the background every time you exchange a few coins. All that's needed to make this game perfect is for the grils to strip when you exchange the highest value coins. But alas they don't :(.Money Exchanging. The future of games.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline starlord

Assault rigs!! Definately my favorate. Actually, I'd PAY someone to make a version with an ingame level editor. (actually, perhaps someone might just help me do this).

[...] have sex with naked purple women [...]
Sounds fun. I'll try to get it.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!