Author Topic: Spamfest 1234A-C  (Read 7623 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Cobra
goddamn it, you're really pissing me off, kosh.

It is not my fault if you are unwilling to come into the light. I tried to reason with you and show you why IP and the other member of TBP reacted the way they did, but you would not listen.

EDIT: I will say no more about this. It is obvious that you are not willing to understand.

EDIT2: Screw it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 06:02:46 pm by 1313 »
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Roanoke

IPA's right. Hell, I was surprised how much work was involved, and most of the final Freding was done by himself and a guy who's name I forget (sorry dude!). Mainly 'cos people kept screwing up his carefully construted depart events, no doubt. :nervous:

And that was just for v1 too.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Kosh

It is not my fault if you are unwilling to come into the light. I tried to reason with you and show you why IP and the other member of TBP reacted the way they did, but you would not listen.

EDIT: I will say no more about this. It is obvious that you are not willing to understand.

oh, **** off kosh, i've had enough. i offer some criticism, say something i don't really mean, and what do you do? you turn this god damn god-forsaken thread into a flame fest.

some people just don't know when to leave me alone. :sigh:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Now now, settle down.

Cobra, I think it it obvious that people think you were out of line there. That you can not deny. You should learn from this to choose your words better, there is a fine line between sarcasm and insult.

Oh, and typing I'm sorry would not hurt either.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ok, fine. I'm sorry. is that enough?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
About writing constructive criticism...
I think that Cobra simply didn't think too much when he wrote his unfortunate post...

He was angry, because RW isn't a simple campaign, which you can complete within 4-5 hours... :mad:

And so negative emotions took the upper hand, which REALLY isn't good for the community as such... :doubt: :no:

There is a SUBTLE difference between a constructive talk and  personal offence...
Writing insults will never solve anything, it will only cause chaos and conflict...
:headz: :snipe: :arr:

So I think that we should close this unforunate topic, for the sake of all...

BUT we should NOT FORGET this lesson as such... (if we want to keep the discussion boards a nice place :) )
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'd suggest a split/lock rather than just a straight lock.  There's too much other important discussions from before this that wouldn't serve from being terminated.

BTW, I've oft heard it said, that one can avoid missunderstandings due to missed sarcasm, by the use of smilies, or a simple (JK) after the remark in question.  Just notes for the future.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kosh

I think that Cobra simply didn't think too much when he wrote his unfortunate post...

This isn't the first time this has happened. He has been temp banned for attacking someone else, and that obviously didn't work.

Then when I try to help him understand, he refuses to understand and actually DEFENDS his comment like it wasn't a bad thing. Then he decides to attack me for no reason except to be an *******.

I say ban the son of a ***** and get it over with. In my two years here I have never said that about any user. But frankly he deserves it. He has been warned ande he still ignores the warnings.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ok, i admit i worded my post wrong. but that doesn't give you the right to flame me just because i'm younger than most of you.

[EDIT] And eh... sorry about the whole mess. :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 07:41:28 pm by 2299 »

Kosh, you were correct to say that Cobra has forgotten the warnings he was given...but that doesn't mean you can throw vulgar language at him like that.

It's all part of growing up. :)

Eh...get back to the main point now.  What errors were there? :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:11:40 pm by 2246 »
[V] for FS3!

Offline Kosh

ok, i admit i worded my post wrong. but that doesn't give you the right to flame me just because i'm younger than most of you.

You flamed me first. I flamed you because you flamed me. Age is irrelevant.

Kosh, you were correct to say that Cobra has forgotten the warnings he was given...but that doesn't mean you can throw vulgar language at him like that.

In case may or may not have noticed, he DID start using vulgar language first.

Brain I/O error

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
didn't i just apoligize?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This stops right here, right now. Thread split and closed.