Author Topic: RELEASE::: Drums Of War (Full Trilogy Release)  (Read 49455 times)

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Re: RELEASE::: Drums Of War (Full Trilogy Release)
Thx for your work...
By you and Vidmaster campaigns and evry ppl around TPB makes me to watch every single episode B5... and i discover my favorite sci-fi universe.
But i hate Delenn... damn who cares :]

What if ?

how can you not like delenn? she is one of the funniest characters on there, other than vir, londo, and g'kar.

Spoiler:
I was able to play through the number 6 (I think) mission where the two Drakh ships slice up the Narn station and the Poseidon, right up to the arrival of our buddies, which caused the Drakh Cruiser to ram the Voltoth. It went, I went with it *BLAST* and the game was leaving me with another attempt at this one mission. Now here's the thing, I tried several times but the mission is behaving erratic - to say the least. Drakh fighters simply don't shoot or dead-stop in the middle of space, Voltoth is destroyed by debris from the station (happened twice already) or most of the time the Drakh cruisers exclusively hunt ME and the Voltoth... Poseidon's at 100% while the Voltoth goes booom shortly after the Message to "intercept the Gunships before they bring their weapons to bear" as soon as they are in weapons range for their beams. As trying to dodge those Drakh main beams is hard for my fighter - almost impossible - me and/or Voltoth are usually gone before any further script related to the Poseidon's exitus can even start...

okay that's totally new and totally odd....

that the debris shower from one of ships going down in that mission does damage to the Vol'Toth is not new ... but I though I've brough that under control by balancing...
about the other phenomena ... I don't know - actually that should not happen... I'll see into this if I've time to spare...

:( it was debris from the station, two huge chunks hitting Voltoth just moments after the mission starts and the station goes.

*sigh* tried 3.4 final DVD ed. on two other PCs, actually I could not reproduce the ramming problem where either station debris or a suicidal Drakh cruiser is crashing into the Voltoth, but just like before the Drakh are completely ignoring anything except me in my little fighter. Mission starts, station goes *boom*, Drakh turn and hunt me with their beam guns (which ARE actually hard to evade). Several times they did not even stop for the Earth Destroyer.

come to think of it, it could very well be that the Drakh ship ramming the Voltoth problem was caused by the same AI error. Maybe it was just hunting me, completely ignoring the Narn ship in its path... and at that time I actually was very close to the Voltoth, basically hiding behind it after dispatching several drakh fighters...    will have to try this further...

Offline mxlm

So is the mission in which you arrive at a station that gets destroyed and then some EA ships show up to help the last mission in the campaign? Because my computer crashed twice when playing the cutscene following that mission and then insisted that the campaign was over.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
So is the mission in which you arrive at a station that gets destroyed and then some EA ships show up to help the last mission in the campaign? Because my computer crashed twice when playing the cutscene following that mission and then insisted that the campaign was over.

yes it is the last mission in the campaign --- I wanted to squell it but than cannot be realized
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Bab98

On mission 8 (the one with the dead gorith problem) once I scan all the fighters,  I am told to save that other G'Quan. But how am I supposed to do that? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Been quite awhile but don't you have to scan the ship after the fighters?  Double check your messages and directives. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
On mission 8 (the one with the dead gorith problem) once I scan all the fighters,  I am told to save that other G'Quan. But how am I supposed to do that? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Spoiler:
You have to scan the G'Quan's subsystems to accomplish that directive

BTW it works even if you scan the G'Quan first; scanning the fighters is just come occupational theraphy ;)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Fak that third mission is hard.

I keep getting killed. Or my mission objectives get killed because I'm too  busy staying alive. But usually, it's me who dies.

Any clues? Or do I just suck.
Dogfighting in TBP seems in general to be a lot harder to FS2 dogfighting.

EDIT - nevermind. Passed it finally.
Spoiler:
Concentrated more on the Rutarians. Which despite being "advanced fighters" are much easier to kill than those accursed Sentris.

Though now I'm getting murdered on EpIImission1.
Or more specifically,

Spoiler:
The Primus keeps blowing the G'Quan away. Not sure if I should go in and try to disable some of her guns or what.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:09:19 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Are you using the inferno build?  Try creating a new pilot.  Could be corrupted.

As for the 75mm bug I had it happen too but am unable to reproduce it.  I tried for about an hour with several different scenarios but never got the bug. 

I'm having this same problem. I guess I'll have to try the 52mm even though it sucks.

Triple post na ha ha.

finished the campaign. Chapter 3 needs some grammatically correction that's for sure. But decent and believable dialogue.

Some suggestions:
Spoiler:
You know the mission where you have to take out the . . . Valerian I believe. The CR BC that's launchign Drahk fighters. You need to change some of the events in that mission or script it at least. Here's what happens. Prmius arrives, launches fighters, fighter screen engages, destroys fighter and then the fighters proceed towards the Primus. And then the two G'Quans (which are "heavy cruisers" btw not "destroyers"). The two G'Quans launch their emines and wipe out half the Narn fighters. And then the Vol'Ton or whatever says "oh no we've lost most of our fighter screen" and I'm like "of course you did you idiot, you just killed them yourself."

My recommendation would be to launch the emines earlier. OR. Give the fighters some sort of waypoint so they can get clear like "We're about to launch energy mines. All fighters get clear of the Valerian".

The last mission was kind of funny. The two Drahk cruisers. One of them gets wasted by the Base or something, I think a big piece of debris must have slammed into it and took it out so the end of the campaign was actually pretty easy aside of course from me not dying. Combat in TBP is pretty lethal I find and the missiles are very hit or miss.

Hmmmn. Overall pretty good. I didn't like the bit with teh Olympus Corvette. The Narns should have at least been a little reluctant about killing them. Liek Sheridan "we don't want a fight, please withdraw" kinda thing but phrased better.

Also in general. Who made the G'quans twin arrays green? They're not green they're red. Didn't anyone watch the show??? Even the Primus Heavy Array shots are like yellow or something when they should be more red or orange. A few things like that really bug me during combat to be honest. If I ever bother to make a TBP there'll be some table edits I assure you.

Mission 2 gives me a warning on load:

"FreeSpace was unable to find 1 ship class while loading the mission. ..."

The reason this warning is a problem is that the missing ship appears to be the thing that I am supposed to be preventing from escaping and it does not render.

I have tried doing it with the .vp file in the root and using the xmas mod, I have tried with the .vp in the root and using the zathras mod, I have tried using the xmas mod with the .vp in that folder ad I have tried just specifying the folder with the vp as a mod. I have even loaded all 3 mods at the same time. Any advise on what I need to do to get it to work.

My current command line is:
"fs2_open_3_6_11r_INF_SSE2-20100101_r5758.exe -mod Zathras -spec -glow -env -mipmap -nomotiondebris -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -tbp -snd_preload  -ambient_factor 65 -mod "Drums of War" -mod FREDer_package"

Thanks for any help you can provide

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well your command line had 3 -mod arguments.  You should remove those and just select the Drumbs of war directory in the launcher.  You can then add -mod Zathras to the command line or edit the mod.ini in the drumbs of war directory and add Zathras to the secondary list. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

The download for drums doesn't include a mod.ini, just a .vp file and I have no idea what that .ini file needs to contain. Could you link or post the required file?

Also does the campaign not require the xmas mod linked in the op?

thanks for the help.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Then you probably have an old version.  Make sure you have the latest from the release thread.  The mod.ini will tell it where to get the other mods required like the xmas pack. 

Um, I thought this was the release thread.

I downloaded it from the link in the OP earlier today then tried following the advise earlier in the thread to get it to work.

I have now also tried setting the drums of war folder as the mod in the launcher with the following mod.ini file and it gives the same result.
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
image255x112 = ;
infotext = ;
website = ;
forum = ;

[multimod]
secondarylist = Zathras;

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Close more like this:

Code: [Select]
[launcher]
image255x112 = DoW.bmp;
infotext     = It is 2262 and You are a pilot who has just recently join the military forces of the Narn Regime. Now you are about to get what you never wished for...;
website      = ;
forum        = ;

[multimod]
secondrylist = Recolored_Civs,HP_Auroras,FREDer_package,Zathras

Although I don't think the FREDder package may be needed anymore as it's in Zathras.  Shouldn't hurt though. 

Hrmm, I don't have the DoW.bmp file but I suspect it is safe to comment that out with a semicolon.
Same result, but I don't seem to have Recolored_Civs or HP_Auroras, could that be my problem?

If so, where could I find those?

thanks

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
We'll have to try to get that fixed then.  I know they were in there at one point because I have them. 

I just downloaded from the link in the start of the thread too, it only gives the vp in the .rar.
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!