Author Topic: Is the first Earth Minbari War mission bugged?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline emark4

Is the first Earth Minbari War mission bugged?
I am trying to do the Earth Minbari war min campaign but for some reason, after the Dublin gets destroyed (i believe that is supposed to happen), nothing else happens. I dont know if the mission is bugged and cannot be completed.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Is the first Earth Minbari War mission bugged?
Do you play using Knossos?

If yes, can you please run the mission using the "Fast Debug"-option. You just have start the mission and can close the debug build immediately afterwards. Once you have done that, use the "Upload Debug Log"-option and post the link provided please.

That should provide most of the information required for a perliminary analysis.

EDIT: Following reading your other post, as you are unfamiliar with the franchise:
Spoiler:
The Return to Base-conditions are a bit strange if you are unfamiliar with B5, as it tries -as best as was possible back then- to simulate a B5 style shared jump. You have to close to Yorktown and face towards it before your jump drive is unlocked.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 03:57:35 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline emark4

Do you play using Knossos?

If yes, can you please run the mission using the "Fast Debug"-option. You just have start the mission and can close the debug build immediately afterwards. Once you have done that, use the "Upload Debug Log"-option and post the link provided please.

That should provide most of the information required for a perliminary analysis.

EDIT: Following reading your other post, as you are unfamiliar with the franchise:
Spoiler:
The Return to Base-conditions are a bit strange if you are unfamiliar with B5, as it tries -as best as was possible back then- to simulate a B5 style shared jump. You have to close to Yorktown and face towards it before your jump drive is unlocked.
Got it to work. I had to get close to the ship before jumping to hyperspace. I wish the mission had a prompt to do so though.

Online wesp5

Got it to work. I had to get close to the ship before jumping to hyperspace. I wish the mission had a prompt to do so though.

This is easy to change in the mission files, so which mission is this? I also noticed that in the "Tales of Janus" campaign there is often the objective "Return to base" which actually should be "Use the jump gate", which I could change once I get that campaign to save it's state...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Directives are bit of special case, as they are limited to 2x64 (?) characters of text; that's why the language codes of directives hasn't really evolved. You can, of course, engineer a kind of tiered directive with careful FREDing (see attachment; that's actually 4 different directives carefully timed to appear in order), but that's very delicate work.

It would proably be simpler to put the exact instructions into a training message and just add that ...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:45:34 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline emark4

This is easy to change in the mission files, so which mission is this? I also noticed that in the "Tales of Janus" campaign there is often the objective "Return to base" which actually should be "Use the jump gate", which I could change once I get that campaign to save it's state...

The first mission of the earth -minbari war mini campaign