Author Topic: The HLP Kitbash  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Friends, friends...

Community projects are what keeps us here, working together and learning together, making part-time friends which we can only hope we'd actually truly be friends with if we actually met them. And because we're friends, or we at least would like to be, we should totally hang out by doing realtively pointless artistic projects that stimulate the spirit of learning and cooperation, or something sentimental like that.

As such, I am proposing the HLP Kitbash, in which we can randomly throw models or parts of models to the breeze, and try to make things out of them. Got random parts? GOOD! Post them here, and then once there's enough of them, we can start to fuse models together out of them. Heck, if they're actually good, they might even be worth UV'ing and texturing. It's a project that has no real end goals, but it at least should be fun for everybody. Well, that's the idea, anyway.

Now, for starting this, I will need to donate some junk I've got lying around in my model folder. Here are the rather outdated guns for the GTF Kulas, which will be finished someday or never, I can't really say. But, they look pretty cool, are not overly-high poly, but really should be reduced back into quads rather than triangles. Because parts on here will probably just be attachments, permanent hosting may be something to consider for posters, or re-posting your files on-demand. You probably want to at least consider posting a picture of the model as well, so peeps know what you're posting. That said, let us begin, or something...

[attachment deleted by a ninja]
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I might be a while rounding stuff up but expect additions from me soon

edit

ok try.

blend, 3ds, obj and dae (collada 1.4) formats in the upload

fully modelled shuttle but i suppose would work as a bomber, 2 turrets

freighter with detachable cargo container, currently unarmed

turret used on the shuttle

http://www.mediafire.com/?woot6o4dhyawcoy
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:05:17 pm by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I see your gun.... and I raise you a gun turret.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h427xcbtnrpoxt8
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
NICE!!!

Alright, this one shouldn't be a problem to release, unless I'm decieving myself somehow... The following is an engine nacelle prototype for a project I'm currently collaborating on, but seeing as it doesn't represent a finished design, I don't feel there's any harm in distributing it. This is not a perfect model - it has some non-planar surfaces, more than I'd like to see, but it's still quite pretty. :D

Stretching this out makes for a very nice looking engine that could be slapped on an anime-style fighter and compliment it perfectly. It is rather high-poly, though.

[attachment deleted by a ninja]
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke