Author Topic: A.B.A.I An AI Saga  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Madrox

• Because destroying shivans ins´t enough...
    • My DeviantArt
Prologue: Newborn.

Maxxim moon, Planet Juniper Prime, Aldeebaran Systems.
38 years after Capella Incident
36 years After The Fall of GTVA
Terran-Vasudan United Alliance Laboratory Complex.
Floor 31 underground

Then they gave me life, tis was unexpected. what is "life" anyway? a organic machine? but im no organic! im am a titanium-made body with artificial skin and "simulation" of almost each of metabolic functions, im an android? an setient android can be considered "life"? anyway, now im in front of some guys...they are talking to me on how they will upoad a massive database in my brain? i dont want it? i want to learn things...like every other human (or vasudan)...but i still cannot speak...nor i do know what to do to refuse their offer. Too late, ow they inserted the minidisc on my chest and i am uploa...oh! OH! OOOH! Now i...

-Know how to speak!

-Impressive!

Said the scientist...

-What is my name?

-Your official name is ABAI, Android Based Artificial Inteligence. but you can choose your own name now...

-I...am the first of my kind?

-Yes, you are the first True Artificial Inteligence, but it would be only confirmed  with Total Turing Tests, Hutter Prize, Kolmogorov Complexity and many more recent tests...We will begin tomorrow. for today, try to walk by the lab complex and take a look on everything, we only gave you the basics of socially accepted behaviorial procedure, basic math, grammar and  a base fo historical facts that you can use to have a asic conversation with anyone. The rest is up to you to learn.

-So, where i am? what i am supposed to do?

-You are are at the Lab Complex on Maxim Moon, on Aldeebaran System. For now, you are suposed todo everything you want, you must know tough that you must obey the 3 Robotic Laws.

-This is their name? One, a robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
Two, a robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
Three, a robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.It seems that 3 laws were within me from the very beginning of my existence...it is...strange...

-Yes, thats it, they were uploaded as a primary directive within your artificial neural system, you are basically incapable to break them...

-What orders do i have then?

-DO as you wish, just, never leave this complex or try to induce one of us to permitt you leaving, you are a great asset to the TVUA, and an expensive one too...so..whatwill you do now...

-I...i need to explore this place a little, i sse you uplaoded the complex map for me to explore.

-So, last thing, you need to sleep on a daily basis, you brain is so advanced that requires some time o hibernation to reorganize the data you´ve collect through the day.

-What my memory limit?

-We didn´t made the tests yet, but you are the most advanced known sentient computer on TVUA space, so, i presume its at leat 2 time the size of the human brain. but we cannot be sure until proper tests are made, for the time tough, don´t worry about it, you possibly have the memorization and cognitive abilities of much greater than the most intelligence human ,or vasudan, alive, so rmemebering thing should not be a problem if you sleep at least 4 hours a day.

-Thank you about all this data about myself, its good to see you actually are concerned about my well-being...

-Was that...sarcasm?

-you noticesd? i must improve my cababilities before further atempt of humorous aproach...

-So, now that you are relatively free, do what you want.

-Ok.

And so i did, i took my first step, not only of my stasis chamber, but of my self discovery and saga on this universe. Now i need first to learn everything i can about this place, then found a solution to free myself from this lab.

End of the Prologue.

//

Thats it guys...my newest story! i hope you like it and give me some feedback! \o/

As you can see, this will be a sotry in the same universe of my campaign TFofGTVA, so its like a sequel, altough its almost unrelated to the main plot.

obs: I did some corrections on the story,  my bad on that huge problem at his setience, i know it dessistimulate you guys to read my story again, but please, do, i woulld be really happy. =D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:41:59 am by Madrox »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:yes:  will post more comments later.

For now though, was it supposed to be sentient or was that an accident? Your story seems to contradict.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
:yes:  will post more comments later.

For now though, was it supposed to be sentient or was that an accident? Your story seems to contradict.
]

Reading again, is aw you are right.
damn! how did i let this pass?
i writted very sleep tough, D:.

I will correct right away.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
I did the right corrections and added somethings on the plot.
i think there is no contradiction now.
D:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You should check out an English short story and copy the formatting for dialogue.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
You should check out an English short story and copy the formatting for dialogue.

It is my dialog format confusing?
D:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah, you should (generally) surround dialogue in quotation marks. "Like this," he said, "it's conventional in 99% of literature."

And you should tag your dialogue: "So and so," the android said, "I'm awesome." Tags are the little 'he said/she said' bits.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Yeah, you should (generally) surround dialogue in quotation marks. "Like this," he said, "it's conventional in 99% of literature."

And you should tag your dialogue: "So and so," the android said, "I'm awesome." Tags are the little 'he said/she said' bits.

I tought you could infere there was a dialog with the "-" symbol.

I could change that, but it would change all the dynamic i was trying to pass on the story, this is really nessesary? i could not use:

"A.B.A.I

-Look my self discovering...

LabGuy (i dont´think i already gave him a name, my mistake)

-Im looking, im looking!"

like this?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nah, screw it, just stick to the style you're comfortable with. If all you want to do is write some fanfic for your FreeSpace campaign you'll be fine.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Nah, screw it, just stick to the style you're comfortable with. If all you want to do is write some fanfic for your FreeSpace campaign you'll be fine.
I have no intention to make a book out of this, that´s for sure.
Maybe i should just make identifications on who is talking each time, thats yoube especially useful when more than 2 people are talking.
D:

and this fanfiction will not be on the main camapaign, maybe on a spin-off mini-campaign, but the main plot its the humanity (and vasudan?) strugle or survival against all odds, much aliek BSG really, but with a very diferent aproach (and ending obviously).