Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573455 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Yes... it went down. Get qaz?

Offline Axem

Third crash, third time I lose all my loot from my cave exploration.  :(

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I hope the map isn't slowly becoming corrupted or something. =/
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I'd fix it, but I can't remember the name of the new hosting company. I have login details, I just don't know where to put them.  :banghead:

Oh wait, yes I can, and it appears to be up?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:42:17 am by qazwsx »
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Or not?

Offline rhx123

It seems fine for me, but I'm going to disable dynmap for the time being to see if that's the problem.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I think I remember seeing BukkitHTTPD throwing a few errors before the out of memory stuff begins, I don't have acess to the logs, could you check that?
Another weird thing about the server going derp is that it remains almost completely functional, dynmap responds and shows the positions of the players who were connected when it crashed (you can actually chat on there without problem), and on one occasion, I think I was able to telnet in and issue a save-all command before I restarted it.
It carries on running, it just won't let anyone connect.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
any particular reason you are using bukkitHTTPD? other than "its a integrated webserver here"

in any case, i'd reccomend you get some sort of server-restarting mod.

i've been using this for a while now and its made of awesomesauce... Remotetoolkit
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Is anyone else getting refused connection to the server?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
My humble ice tower:

*snip*

http://imgur.com/a/qsH7l#zcZ5I

Did you make that in rhx's server or in single player?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline -Sara-

We got a big issue.  :sigh: All the exploring of new land has (for me and it seems also Sandwiched) since this morning upped the loading time after connecting to about 1 minute. I think those new world chunks may have to go, I doubt it's just dynamap which lagged us. No intent to point figures but, this will be a problem unless having a huuuuge server. Maybe we should define boundaries not to go beyond (-800,-800, -800,800, 800,800 and 800,-800 or something similar).
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Well this is just sad, it seems I'm the only one who can't log on to the server. :lol:

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
We got a big issue.  :sigh: All the exploring of new land has (for me and it seems also Sandwiched) since this morning upped the loading time after connecting to about 1 minute. I think those new world chunks may have to go, I doubt it's just dynamap which lagged us. No intent to point figures but, this will be a problem unless having a huuuuge server. Maybe we should define boundaries not to go beyond (-800,-800, -800,800, 800,800 and 800,-800 or something similar).
i think that a radius of 3-5 kilometers would work well.

but hey, the **** do i know, since i dont play over there.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
My humble ice tower:

*snip*

Single player.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Fairly interesting building material...

Offline -Sara-

My humble ice tower:

*snip*

Single player.

Looks like something you'd find in Dubai. :D  :yes:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline rhx123

Hallo thar.
On your concerns about the laggyness of the server, we will most likely be moving to JWJ's hosting service when that comes online, as I'll be able to get an UK server then, and I know the softlayer boxes work well.

Offline rhx123

I'd just like to say a few things, mainly to pecenipicek.
Firstly, my server is not in any way official to HLP.
I started it to play with friends, and as qazx, who is a real life friend of many years mentioned some people in this community would like a place to play together, I agreed to let him advertise it here.
I have never coerced players into my server over any others, implied my server is better than any others, or said to people at any point if they play on any others I won't let them play on mine.

People know your server(pecenipicek's) is there and another equally good server.

However, when I have to sort a hosting problem out that is not my fault, on the penultimate day before what was arguably the most important exam of my entire life, and I find you seem to find this is the best time to quote my post to advertise your server did make me feel a bit sad.

Running the server costs both of us, and the more players I have on my server the higher tier I will need to accommodate these players, thus meaning I have to pay more.

People will choose which server they want to play on by playing on them and deciding which one they want to put time into, not as much by readings others posts on them.

So please qazx can you put pecenipicek's server IP in the first post so it's totally fair, and just let people make their own mind up rather than pecenipicek or me saying "his server is crap play on mine".

I don't wish to start a flamewar, just saying there's no need to be abrasive towards my server when it comes up for discussion.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken