Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82881 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
Any ideas on what should go behind the expansive windows at the very front of the ship? A Ten-Forward bar type thing?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Added some turrets, both on vertical (1 aft of the airlock) and angled (4 on the engine section) surfaces. Didn't make them functional or anything though. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Any ideas on what should go behind the expansive windows at the very front of the ship? A Ten-Forward bar type thing?
While windows on an unshielded spaceship are, and always will be, utterly retarded; an observation lounge would be nice. Something to allow for some R&R when off duty. Sort of like that lounge at the very front of Galactica.

Added some turrets, both on vertical (1 aft of the airlock) and angled (4 on the engine section) surfaces. Didn't make them functional or anything though. :p

The Fenris is going to need arrow dispensers and TNT cannons eventually, and you know it!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
That'll probably be more efficient that blob turrets and LTerslash anyhow.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain

BRIIIIIDGGGGGEEE-AAHHHHHH.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Been a while since we've had an update huh? Well good news, Sandwich was finally able to log on with something close the playability, and we managed to get a bit done. Behold the slightly more complete Bar Area!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:05:40 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wow that's a big ship dammit.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
wow that's a big ship dammit.

That's only a fraction of the nose... :p

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Bit more of the shell was done:

And just to drive Sandwich's statement home...

Yes, it is a very big ship. I estimate that the bar took no more then ~15% of the nose.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh man I need to log in and see this for myself. :D

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
How in the world are you guys gonna fill the entire ship?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Oh man I need to log in and see this for myself. :D

Yes, you really do. :)

How in the world are you guys gonna fill the entire ship?

Well, that's nearly the last fixed-placement feature (i.e. a room or something that has to be in a specific location). The only others are the internal whatnots for the turrets, which obviously need to be behind each turret, and the bridge and medbay, which logically would be placed in the central core of the ship, for protection.

Once those are done, we'll get the primary fore-aft corridors in place (still not sure whether to do 2 on each deck, or on every other deck), then add the remaining facilities (mess hall+kitchen, armory, etc) wherever seems suitable, then possibly run the tour rail line to hit the main features, then create the decks themselves, then start filling them in with rooms & secondary corridors... *breathes* :)

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Have you set the reactor yet?  That should be in the core of the ship as well.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
It's in the core of the engineering section already. :) See pics a few pages back.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I extended the flooring of the corridors all the way to the airlocks; they should extend farther, but the server went down.

Downloaded a useful program called Free Mouse Auto Clicker - it allows you to fly in creative mode at (almost) full speed while constantly placing blocks behind you. Quite useful...

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
So, how long are the hallways? They are thiiiiiiiis long.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Definitely need some interspersed bulkheads to lessen the impact and extent of decompression. I don't care that they're running pretty deep in the hull, beams cut deep.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It's in the core of the engineering section already. :) See pics a few pages back.
He's talking about the big red circle in the middle section of the Fenris being the reactor, and looking at it, I'd say that's a fair assessment (and he means build it and the internals for it, etc).
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
He's talking about the big red circle in the middle section of the Fenris being the reactor, and looking at it, I'd say that's a fair assessment (and he means build it and the internals for it, etc).

Hmm... that circle does indeed look like something important, but TBH, how likely would it be for there to be an opening or conduit from the outside to the reactor? Death Star I, anyone? :rolleyes: So, A) the reactor is already built and ain't getting redone, and B) external markings - or worse, conduits - for the reactor are ridiculous. :)

I'd love to hear any other ideas (besides reactor) about what that red circle could be, tho...