Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82842 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
I volunteer as ship security chief. Can I has private cabin plz?

I also have a idea for a lava based cell design that leaves it impossible (in theory, still have to try it out in practice) for people to escape without warping.

floating block 1 block above head level with lava on top of it and a piston to control one side for a door.  the prisoner then stands on a floating floor below which is the reservoir for the falling lava and kills the prisoner if they try to escape down. and walls of lava are obviously fatal to walk through.

the issue would be a bucket of water but i am sure with good cell spacing and a second lava fall  made to fall slightly wider would help remedy that.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Lava physics can really **** things up when it spreads more than 2 blocks. Best to use just 1 stream on each side or space them out if you want more.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I volunteer as ship security chief. Can I has private cabin plz?

I also have a idea for a lava based cell design that leaves it impossible (in theory, still have to try it out in practice) for people to escape without warping.

Lava in a ship full of wool probably isn't the best idea even before factoring in the griefer risk. Besides, with bedrock and soulsand you can make an inescapable prison without walls of any kind, but what good is that? It'll probably just end up being the traditional iron bars with a one way iron door. Or perhaps each iron door tied to a redstone switch in the security office... hmm...
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
you guys might be interested in this:

http://hackaday.com/2012/01/06/3d-printing-minecraft-worlds/

print that fenris!
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Got a brig up and running:

#1: The entrance, just off the dropshaft/ladderway on Deck 7:

#2: Just inside the entrance, we have a weapons & explosives scanning room, with an observation window on the right. I could wire the doors up so that an external switch would be required to open them, but I don't want anybody trapped inside, so for now, pressure plates are conveniently located on the floor near each doorway:

#3: Once through the scanning room, visitors must leave all metal items in the provided chest (at right) before proceeding through the metal detectors (at left). Glimpsed through the glass on the right is the reception desk area, and on the far right, 2 switches, green and red. More about them below:

#4: Situated on the opposite side of the scanning room's observation window, this station has access to 2 switches. These switches govern the behavior of the scanning room's inner door (seen in picture #2). When inactive, the switches allow normal, pressure plate-based door operation. When the green switch is active, the inner doors remain open. When the red switch is active, the inner doors are forced closed. The red switch overrides all other signals, whether they be from the pressure plates or the green switch. In the distance at right, the doors to the maximum security cells can be seen.

#5: Minimum-security detention cells:

#6: Inside the maximum security cellblock, looking towards the entrance doors (seen in picture #4). On either side of the door, two buttons must be pressed simultaneously* by two people to open the doors.

All cells are equipped with a sleeping cot and a toilet.

* For sanity's sake, the buttons are labeled "1" and "2". Button #1 has a slight delay on it, so if you're quick enough, you can actually press button 1 and then quickly press button 2, and the doors will open. This, however, is greatly complicated by lag - visitor be warned!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:47:09 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I have moved the GTC Fenris up serveral blocks in order to fit the missile launcher on underneath, once the fenris has been built, would anyone object to getting on mumble at some point and recoding a guided tour to post on youtube?
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Now make a full scale Icanus

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
you guys might be interested in this:

http://hackaday.com/2012/01/06/3d-printing-minecraft-worlds/

print that fenris!

I can see the warhammer hardcore going nuts over this.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I have moved the GTC Fenris up serveral blocks in order to fit the missile launcher on underneath, once the fenris has been built, would anyone object to getting on mumble at some point and recoding a guided tour to post on youtube?

Not at all... I've been planning on doing a YT video once it's done, submitting it to The Shaft, Minecraft Mondays, etc... I think perhaps we should have (at least) two videos... one shorter one basically as a teaser, with quick glimpses of the outside and main internal rooms, and another longer one (which people would be willing to sit through once the shorter one whets their appetite) which could be a guided tour... perhaps Kyad and myself giving you a tour, with all of us recording footage, and then splicing it together afterwards where needed?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
cool stuff guys :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Awesome!  :yes:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
We should have a You Tube Walktrough of the whole damn sever! There's so much interesting stuff on it.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

Not at all... I've been planning on doing a YT video once it's done, submitting it to The Shaft, Minecraft Mondays, etc... I think perhaps we should have (at least) two videos... one shorter one basically as a teaser, with quick glimpses of the outside and main internal rooms, and another longer one (which people would be willing to sit through once the shorter one whets their appetite) which could be a guided tour... perhaps Kyad and myself giving you a tour, with all of us recording footage, and then splicing it together afterwards where needed?
Sounds good, I can export the finished fenris into minecraft and get some cross-sections of it to put in the video as well.

Oh, I've also set up an SVN server, currently it's anonymous checkout and there's write access accounts for me, Sandwich and Kyad, there's nothing on there of note at the moment, but if in the future we need it for video editing or sharing stuff, it'll be there.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:52:52 pm by qazwsx »
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

We should have a You Tube Walktrough of the whole damn sever! There's so much interesting stuff on it.

What server is it? Would I be able to join and walk around?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

What server is it? Would I be able to join and walk around?

Right right. You're looking for
rhx123's / qazwsx's server:
IP at: 208.122.48.18:25607
Mumble at: 184.22.118.104:64738
Dynmap at http://208.122.48.18:8236

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Qaz, you urgently need to reposition the mob spawning restriction you had for Fenris.... mobs are spawning everywhere. Soon as I noticed I logged back out, so hopefully Endermen haven't dismantled much, but still...

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
mobs sorted, also got some block data on what fenris is actually made up of.

Code: [Select]
Stone 92182
Glass 20674
Double Stone Slab 7513
Block of Iron 4875
Black Wool 4572
Stone Bricks 3593
Water 3307
Glowstone 3294
Gray Wool 3218
Iron Bars 3204
Glass Pane 3164
Obsidian 2496
Stone Brick Stairs 2467
Stone Slab 2454
Lava 2318
Snow 2046
Red Wool 1997
Brown Wool 1700
<TileEntities> 1458
Light Blue Wool 1342
Nether Fence 1142
Lapis Lazuli Block 1088
Nether Brick 951
Sign 942
Wall Sign 927
Sand 923
Ladder 819
Redstone Wire 760
Trapdoor 724
Grass 723
Snow Layer 608
Fence 573
Chest 474
Chest 474
Stone Pressure Plate 455
Light Gray Wool 382
Bedrock 377
End Stone 371
White Wool 361
Orange Wool 342
Dirt 339
Green Wool 336
Rail 329
Block of Diamond 320
Brick Slab 317
Wood Planks 314
Vines 308
Leaves 219
Sticky Piston 185
Circle Stone Bricks 176
Stone Slab 175
Nether Stairs 171
Wooden Door 166
<Entities> 166
Powered Rail 152
Wooden Slab 148
Brick Stairs 146
Painting 144
Tall Grass 143
Wooden Pressure Plate 133
Lime Wool 130
Blue Wool 128
Redstone Torch (on) 123
Piston Head 115
Bookshelf 109
Birch Leaves 102
Brick 93
Wooden Stairs 87
Lever 78
Redstone Repeater (off) 69
Button 65
Leaves 62
Sugar Cane 62
Cyan Wool 59
Bed 44
Yellow Wool 44
Pine Wood 42
Torch 42
Iron Door 42
Leaves (Permanent) 41
Redstone Torch (off) 41
Stone Brick Slab 36
CAULDRON 34
Redstone Lamp (on) 30
Redstone Repeater (on) 28
Wood 27
Birch Wood 26
Cobblestone 22
Pink Wool 21
Rose 21
Flower 20
Farmland 20
Furnace 20
Furnace 20
Redstone Lamp (off) 19
Piston 17
Web 16
Sign 15
Dispenser 12
Cactus 12
Trap 12
Crops 10
Block of Gold 8
Note Block 7
Fence Gate 7
Music 7
Melon Stem 6
Lilypad 6
Zombie 6
Crafting Table 4
Cake 4
Watermelon 4
Minecart 4
Sandstone 3
Pumpkin Stem 3
Creeper 3
Skeleton 3
Spider 3
Double Stone Brick Slab 2
Jukebox 2
Pumpkin 2
SnowMan 2
RecordPlayer 2
Ice 1
Enchantment Table 1
Villager 1
EnchantTable 1

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sooo.....

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
yeeeees

Edit: Okay the turret looks awesome, but at the risk of being that guy, did the whole ship need to be moved up quite so far?  It's really really high above the surrounding terrain now, to the point where the clouds are intersecting the main level.  I don't know how much vertical clearance you guys want/need on the bottom, but if there was any way to bump it down a bit, it might work out better.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:31:30 am by Mongoose »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
The thing is, the clouds would intersect it no matter where it was positioned (they can be turned off in-game, FYI). I asked qaz to move Fenris upwards 40m or so - I didn't know exactly how much I'd need. He ended up bumping it up 47m. Now that the bottom turret is completed, I'm not opposed to lowering the height somewhat... perhaps leave the bottom turret 10m off the ground or so. It'll still be way higher than it was... I added around 25m worth of blocks to the bottom after it was raised, after all.