Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82869 times)

Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
Plus now you can see it from farther away.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
I went and took a quick look around.  Looks damn good guys.  Fixed a couple doors in the lounge while I was looking around.  BTW, there was a random person on the server, might want to check to make sure nothing got mucked up.  Hard to tell with some people.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The thing is, the clouds would intersect it no matter where it was positioned (they can be turned off in-game, FYI). I asked qaz to move Fenris upwards 40m or so - I didn't know exactly how much I'd need. He ended up bumping it up 47m. Now that the bottom turret is completed, I'm not opposed to lowering the height somewhat... perhaps leave the bottom turret 10m off the ground or so. It'll still be way higher than it was... I added around 25m worth of blocks to the bottom after it was raised, after all.
Yeah, I think even moving it down so that the turret was 10 blocks or so off the bottom would be enough.  It brings the bulk of the ship a little bit closer to where it was before, instead of having to crane your neck all the way up to see it.  And I know the clouds will wind up intersecting regardless, but I figured it'd be more ideal if they didn't cut right through the first floor that people will see.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I went and took a quick look around.  Looks damn good guys.  Fixed a couple doors in the lounge while I was looking around.  BTW, there was a random person on the server, might want to check to make sure nothing got mucked up.  Hard to tell with some people.

Might have been me.  I'm pretty noobish in Minecraft, but I still wanted to get to see it.  I kept dying from hunger before I could get a good look.  (and I couldn't figure out how to get inside either.  That giant stack of blocks was my last attempt right as I ran out of time. >.>)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If you want to try again and no one else is on, we have plenty of cake in Fenris Station (where you spawn when you warp to the Fenris), and right down the path from spawn proper, there's a sign pointing to a food dispenser.  There should also be an old melon farm right behind spawn, and whatever food is in the storehouse.

As for getting in the Fenris, the whole entryway has been moved up, but it looks like someone built a ladder up to it.  Facing the Fenris, follow the path to the left and up the steps, then climb the long ladder, and you'll hit the airlock.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, I think even moving it down so that the turret was 10 blocks or so off the bottom would be enough.  It brings the bulk of the ship a little bit closer to where it was before, instead of having to crane your neck all the way up to see it.  And I know the clouds will wind up intersecting regardless, but I figured it'd be more ideal if they didn't cut right through the first floor that people will see.

I checked, and there's 25m of space between the turret and the bottom, so lowering the Fenris 15-20 blocks is fine by me. Qaz, feel free when you have time. ;)

As for getting in the Fenris, the whole entryway has been moved up, but it looks like someone built a ladder up to it.
*waves*
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

I think we're all missing the most important question here:
Is the fusion mortar turret functional? The people want to know.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
A tnt launcher would be awesome lol
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Might have been me.  I'm pretty noobish in Minecraft, but I still wanted to get to see it.  I kept dying from hunger before I could get a good look.  (and I couldn't figure out how to get inside either.  That giant stack of blocks was my last attempt right as I ran out of time. >.>)

It was not you.  Trust me, he admitted he might have been there "by mistake."  And actually got on the ship.

As for the ladder to the entrance, could you add a column of blocks so you can't accidentally fall off?  Also, I kind of want to explore the top of it, but there isn't an easy way up there.

---------

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I think we're all missing the most important question here:
Is the fusion mortar turret functional? The people want to know.
Yup. Got 2 dispensers that can be loaded up with fire charges. :p

A proper TNT canon with a reloading cartridge sounds ideal for that area though... I'll look into it. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
As for the ladder to the entrance, could you add a column of blocks so you can't accidentally fall off?  Also, I kind of want to explore the top of it, but there isn't an easy way up there.
That ladder column is purely temporary; I'm toying with the idea of making a short-trip minecart rail from the station to the entrance.

Top of what, the entire ship?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You're not gonna build a drydock around it?  xD

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
And block the view? Nope. :D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Good point.  :nervous:

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Top of what, the entire ship?

Yeah, pretty much.  I want to walk around on top of it.

---------

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Pillar of dirt...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, pretty much.  I want to walk around on top of it.

There's also no easy way around on top of it once you're up there... I'd just suggest climbing up to the docking arm, building a small pillar to get on top of the arm, and then pillaring up again once you're above the airlock area.

Or just, you know, go to the top level of the Fenris, break a couple of smoothstone blocks in one of the angled corners, and step out (and replace the smoothstone blocks once you're done). ;)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
The idea of breaking anything on the fenris both angers and sickens me.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Flying is illegal on that server, right? Otherwise, that'd be an excellent way to look around.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Someone has been screwing around with the Fenris.  First they removed a few blocks from the entrance so you fall to your death (someone fixed it) and then someone put a giant Israeli flag on the front of the ship.

---------