Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82853 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
Someone has been screwing around with the Fenris.  First they removed a few blocks from the entrance so you fall to your death (someone fixed it) and then someone put a giant Israeli flag on the front of the ship.

Wow. Just...Wow. :nono:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Considering his current place of residence, the flag might have been Sandwich himself. :p

(Sorry I didn't say hi, Eishtmo; I'd stepped away for a minute.)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Negative. The entrance "missing" blocks is, I believe, the docking arm in retracted mode.

Also, today was Israel's 64th independence day, so I put the flag out front, cuz I felt like it. :p I'll take it down tomorrow.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Negative. The entrance "missing" blocks is, I believe, the docking arm in retracted mode.

Also, today was Israel's 64th independence day, so I put the flag out front, cuz I felt like it. :p I'll take it down tomorrow.
Oh it's for an actual reason, rather than some random troll. Go independence!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i wont touch minecraft with a 10 foot pole, but that is so win. i might give notch a chance when 0x10c comes out.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Ah, okay, as long as you knew about it.  Can never be too careful in Minecraft.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
honestly, last thing i need in my life is another time sink. any game where you can replace part of the name with crack is like that for a reason. really its worse than actual crack i think.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Pipedream = Pipecrack?
Tetris = Cracktris?
FreeSpace = FreeCrack?
Sonic the hedgehog = Sonic the CrackHog?
Goeman ninja = Goeman Crack?
Streets of Rage = Streets of Crack?
Golden Axe = Crack Axe?
Road rash 2 = Road Rash Crack?

Nuke, you've set my concious mind on an (almost) 8-bit/16-bit crack binge... :mad:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
i might give notch a chance when 0x10c comes out.

yeah, I'm really looking foward to this game. Engineering: The Game!

Offline watsisname

In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Since re-engineering the central hull height after the new world height limit was introduced, we've had a darn-silly "Deck 0" above Deck 1. No longer. I just spent an hour and relabeled all the decks properly. The radar bridge deck is now Deck 1, the airlock deck is Deck 8, and the bottom deck of the central hull is Deck 14.

PhraseExpress was utterly invaluable in re-doing the hundreds of signs on the stairwells and dropshafts. Brilliant little program, that.

In other news, Polpolion recently created a nice Radar Bridge, including redstone wiring to control the radar dish lights. ;) He did a good job, so go check it out! Pol, if things look slightly different, it's because I went through the next day and sorted out some of the redstone tangles, color-coded the 2 lines where possible, etc. Hope you don't mind!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:54:25 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, I'm making an executive decision regarding the corridors. Taking a page from the aircraft and ship standards of colored navigation lights, I hereby declare that the fore/aft Fenris corridors will have red and green (possibly lime) wool blocks at regular intervals, to indicate the port and starboard sides of the corridor, respectively.

Additionally, corridors running fore/aft that are not along the centerline of the ship should only have the wall closest to the external hull be curved outwards. Corridor walls towards the center of the ship should be flat and vertical. Fore/aft corridors running down the centerline should have both walls curved outwards, while port/starbord (side-to-side) corridors should have both walls be flat and vertical.

I'm gonna see about redoing the Deck 8 (airlock) corridors in this way, to be used as a reference for the rest of the ship.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, did a bunch of sample corridor types on the airlock deck, both flat and curved. Lemme know what y'all think. :)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Added an emergency bulkhead along the forward half of the deck 8 port corridor. It has local override buttons, but the plan/hope is to wire all the bulkheads together to controls on the CIC & Emergency CIC.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Alright, looked through.  The color coding should be more obvious, it's kind of limited with what you've done so far.

I like the Alternate Wall (one with trap doors and glowstone) over the basic wall, but I also like the Strut walls.  I'm thinking they could be alternated, using the Alt Wall for 2 doors and strut wall for 1 door layouts.

I also like the conduit curved wall, though not so much the strut version of the curved wall.  I mean, it makes sense that it should be that way, but I just didn't like how the struts worked with the curve.

It might be just my texture pack, but I'm not feeling the use of slabs.  My pack makes it look like it's a striped wall, and it's kind of distracting.  (Using Dokucraft light, BTW).

Incidentally, I did develop a 4 block high door on another server (it's not flat via itself, but it is flush with top and bottom).  It's a bit large, so probably not good for anything on the ship, but maybe some ideas would work for something.  Then again, you might have an idea how to streamline it I haven't figured out yet.  I can also show it to you if you want to see it in action.

http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Door%20closed.png

http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Door%20closed%202.png

http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Door%20open.png

http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Top%20circuitry.png
http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Top%20circutry%202.png

http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Bottom%20circutry.png
http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Bottom%20circuitry%202.png
http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/Bottom%2C%202nd%20solution.png
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
For those who aren't on the server, here's the sample corridor walls I came up with.

Basic (Curved and Flat):

Alternate (curved w/ floor conduit; flat w/ different pattern):

Intersections (curved w/ narrow cross-corridor; flat w/ wide cross-corridor):

Single door (curved & flat):

Two doors (curved & flat):

Structural Support Struts (curved & flat):

Structural Support Struts with Single Door (curved & flat):

Emergency bulkhead for sealing corridors (open & closed)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
So, I'd love to have to help from any creatives out there...

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Are their any clear pics of this thing from the outside?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Are their any clear pics of this thing from the outside?

Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Those are old, Kyad. ;) You should really drop by one of these years and see what I've been up to. :p