Author Topic: ati 9600 gamma problems  (Read 1541 times)

ati 9600 gamma problems
Hello

Not sure if anyone else who has a ati 9600 graphics card are having problems with gamma settings?

The game  is far too dark on my system to play.

Whatever I do does not help change this.

Any ideas

Thanks

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I had that problem too. But when I got a new monitor the problem disappeared.

In the mean time I came up with this solution:
You should be able to adjust your brightness levels in Display Settings -> Advanced. And you should be able to set hotkeys to change your settings in flight. Save a couple of color settings and then while running FS use the hotkeys to find a playable brigthness level...
Works in other games as well.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Originally posted by Prophet
I had that problem too. But when I got a new monitor the problem disappeared.

In the mean time I came up with this solution:
You should be able to adjust your brightness levels in Display Settings -> Advanced. And you should be able to set hotkeys to change your settings in flight. Save a couple of color settings and then while running FS use the hotkeys to find a playable brigthness level...
Works in other games as well.

cheers - have tried that, but does not seem to work, unless it does not like using the F keys?

I have alt + f2 to change gamma

and also alt+f3 to change brightness

nothing happens :(

I will probably have to get another monitor :(

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Yeah. That didn't work for me either if I remember correctly. Instead, use next profile and previous profile to change your presets. That should work. Thats what I meant in my prevuious post...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...