Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221401 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
I don't know if it has, I just got it last week, second hand.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
what ever you do dont drop it, my son dropped one of my 2.5" 160gb discs, i love him dearly but now its dead, grrr
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
I think that's what happened to my 160, Windows reads it as 32, and Linux reads it as 160 sometimes.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
You cannot format a volume larger than 32 gigabytes (GB) in size using the FAT32 file system during the Windows XP installation process. Windows XP can mount and support FAT32 volumes larger than 32 GB (subject to the other limits), but you cannot create a FAT32 volume larger than 32 GB by using the Format tool during Setup. If you need to format a volume that is larger than 32 GB, use the NTFS file system to format it. Another option is to start from a Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) Startup disk and use the Format tool included on the disk.

From here.

Sound familiar?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

you can also format as an ext 2 and then download IFS drives for windowsthen linux is happy and windows can read write to it .....................
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You cannot format a volume larger than 32 gigabytes (GB) in size using the FAT32 file system during the Windows XP installation process. Windows XP can mount and support FAT32 volumes larger than 32 GB (subject to the other limits), but you cannot create a FAT32 volume larger than 32 GB by using the Format tool during Setup. If you need to format a volume that is larger than 32 GB, use the NTFS file system to format it. Another option is to start from a Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) Startup disk and use the Format tool included on the disk.

From here.

Sound familiar?
Believe me, I've tried that. (used Ubuntu ad Kubuntu instead of W98)

Offline captain-custard

back on subject is saturdays game a 3.6.9 or a 3.6.10 game , and is every one going to be there ?
and can some one explain the chat lobby thing

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
What build should I use?

Offline Shade

The build from today (02/22) is a good choice. It has the lobby enabled by default and doesn't have the most annoying bugs from 02/15, plus it also has a new fix for a pilot corruption issue. Link: http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/willrobinson/Xt0222-win32.rar

If you want to run normal maps with that build, you will also need to download a shader pack. Those are the files starting with "sdr" on taylor's site, and to use them, just grab the latest one and drop the .vp into your mediaVPs directory, then select that as a mod. This is not needed to play multi, only to use normal maps.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline captain-custard

tell me i can use this build, 3.6.10 20071028T  cus it works no bugs for me if not i will download other build 2/22   so where do the shader packs go etc .......

thanks

tonite

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I can't get into FS2Net at all with that build. Is there something special I need to do with it? The 10/28 one works fine.

This 2/22 build has a few other bugs too, like the squad images not showing up in the barracks and the movies not scaling properly to fit the screen.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:46:54 pm by CP5670 »

Offline captain-custard

i just tried the 2/22 build and i can get in ,and i c the chat irc , so so far so good , theres 20 minutes o go before the game im going to log in to fs 3.6.10 and ill be in the chat waiting if anybody is out there, .............

Offline Shade

10/28 will work fine as well, you just have to enable the lobby manually. If you couldn't log on, the server had probably just crashed... I spent a long time (as evidenced by earlier in this thread) pulling out my hair because none of the 3.6.10 builds would work, until taylor said the server was down :p It's up now though.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
The game starts this early?

EDIT: You've got the time wrong, andicirk.

Offline captain-custard

its 9pm gmt normaly and now its 10pm at my house so its 9pm gmt

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Hey shade and cps... its Flint!!

I cant get the game to work - maybe im installing the 3.6.10 engine wrong???
I took the files in:

http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/willrobinson/Xt0222-win32.rar

and pasted them into the freespace folder.

and then selected the 2/22 build in the fs2 launcher???

But then i get an 'could not get proper pixel format for opengl32' error???

help me i want to play!!!

Flint
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Update your video card drivers.

Download OpenAL.

If that fails:

Reinstall from your retail CDs if you have them.

Use Turey's installer over them.

Download the 2/22 build.

Put it in the root directory.

DO NOT USE 3.6.8 .VPs WITH 3.6.10 OR VICE VERSA.

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Thanx for ur reply Cole! If i select the 3.6.9 build it works fine. Do I really need to install everything again - it will take HOURS!!? Any easier way to goto 3.6.10??? Help!!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You need 3.6.10 for tonight's game.

Try using a different build.

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
get the following error:

Unable to get proper pixel format for OpenGL W32

Oh well not destined to play tonight...