Author Topic: Voice Question  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok since there's been quite a few people asking about this.

Do you want voice acting in this campaign?

see this thread for comments said already:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,12651.0.html

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
The mod doesn't need it. :yes:
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Oh hell If we'll be able to do voice acting..

There seems to be an influx of people who are really looking forward to this though (new people) maybe if we could get hordes fo them... :drevil:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

I'd like to do some voice acting!

just give me something to say and I'll send it off to you

Cor

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Arrggg! The voices!

What? Somebody had to say it!

Anyway, voices would be nice but are hard to get right (I keep imagain some american guy in his bedroom.... annoying I want to imagain a pilot in a fighter or whatever... so its up to you (I'll let you make your own decisions this time :wink: :p)
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

You need voices!!!! i hate playing a good campaign and missing key messages because im too busy dodging missles or something like that.  Without ingame voices you can miss out of key points to a mission, which can ruin the story. and if you need voice actors ill could be of service :)
=SSC=ADMRL
Shattered Star Confederation
Black Widows Squadron

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
you can always hit F4 or whatever if you miss something important, not to discourage voices.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

I got bored, so I did all the vasudan voices for the last mission on the GTVA side.

If you want I'll send it to ya Woo

Cor

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Knight Templar
you can always hit F4 or whatever if you miss something important, not to discourage voices.

yeah, and mission designers can also spare themselves the hassle of timing the messages, and woo would give a handful of txt:
"when mission mission04 completed, primary objective one fulfiled, primary objective two failed, no secondary objective fulfiled , open "Icm04-08.tx" :D
of course I'm overdoing it tehre, but I like to hear a guy saying his stuff when he says it, not 5 minutes later. I'm playing a game, not reading a novel. so if it's doable, voices for me, thank you :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by venom2506

yeah, and mission designers can also spare themselves the hassle of timing the messages, and woo would give a handful of txt:
"when mission mission04 completed, primary objective one fulfiled, primary objective two failed, no secondary objective fulfiled , open "Icm04-08.tx" :D

:wtf:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok just an update, I compiled a list of the number of people we would need if we do voices. This only covers over half the campaign though.

12 Main characters: These would have to do Command briefs and in mission parts. They appear throughout the campaign.

3 Command characters, 2 Male Terran, 1 Male Vasudan

9 Ship Admirals, 6 Male Terran, 1 Female Terran, 2 Male Vasudan

8 Squad leaders: These would only do briefings/debriefings for 1 or part of a chapter. Probably be all Male.

12 Misc Voicers: To play Alpha 2, 3, 4 etc and capships.

Pilots we would need: 4 Terran Male, 1 Terran Female, 1 Vasudan Male

Capships we would need: 4 Terran Male, 1 Terran Female, 1 Vasudan Male

Though some may have to do both if we are short in some missions.

Note these are the minimum required so far, the more actors the more varied the voices would sound.
Oh and we'd need someone to organise all this since I won't do it :D

I don't know if we'll go for voices yet, we'll continue to discuss it in the internals, but I wanted to see your opinions and comments.

Offline Fetty

u know where to find me :D

Offline Edwin

who's the little dicker that voted for that last option...