Author Topic: Freespace tech help!  (Read 1628 times)

Freespace tech help!
I have owned freespace 2 for a few years now and have had no problems running  it on a win98/Pentium II system.  I recently bought a new computer that  runs a Pentium 4 with Windows XP Pro, and when I installed the game and tried
to play, the afterburner button doesnt function.  No matter what button on my keyboard I bind it to, it just acts like I am tapping the button instead of
holding it down, so it just makes the initial rev sound and nothing happens. (I know the keyboard works, because it fuctions in
applications such as Word, and I know the game works because on the old system it still runs and functions properly)  I tried the old keyboard on the new
system and that didnt work either, so its the game or the system.  I even tried installing freespace 1, and it still didnt work! Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This is a bug with Windows XP.  Set FS2.exe to run in Win98 compatibility mode and it should work fine.

Its a bug that seems to happen selectivly, since my FS2 dosn't seem to happen, I have no idea how to fix, but compability mode should do it.

Why isn't this in general freespace?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Because alot of people think that Inferno is the only FS thing on this forum. :doubt:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

This was fixed a while ago in FSO. See this thread for the fix.

(and use General FS for these problems next time)