Author Topic: Inferno SCP Storyline  (Read 35044 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno SCP Storyline
Alliance 2 spoiler:
Spoiler:
Earth and Mars are founding members of the EA, so Mars can't be considered evil by the EA

Offline mr.WHO

question to spoiler:
Spoiler:
If Mars is founding member then why it's called EA not SoLA, it's like calling European Union the German Union

Well duh! Cause SolA is a pub in Dublin and that'd just make em look stoopid.

I gotta say I'm loving Woo's one line responses. Seems... *almost* like he's purposely constructing them to rule out every possiblity we can think us thus crushing our hope, leaving us malleable clay to be moulded into people who will appreciate INF R2 no matter what.

Wait.... I'm ALREADY like that.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Now this make sense. I know why GTVA would classify news from Sol:

GTVA - Hi!
SoL - We're Earth Alliance, Martians are evil, Jupiterians are evil, Terrans are evil, all your base belong to us.
<GTVA left the chatroom>

One thing. Jupiterians is Jovians.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Maybe he's misdirecting us.  I know of at least one other mod that is releasing purposely inaccurate information about its contents...

Well that'd be just mean. Can't imagine Woo would do that. No, no one person is that evil.

Uh... Goober, is that 'one other mod' ST Reborn??
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Maybe he's misdirecting us.  I know of at least one other mod that is releasing purposely inaccurate information about its contents...
About which? the spolier I posted there is accurate, you can grab Alliance from the internal if you don't believe me :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Spoiler:
Is the martian destroyer Auriga destroyed in Alliance 1? Oh, and does that spoiler mean there will be an Alliance 2?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Spoiler:
Is the martian destroyer Auriga destroyed in Alliance 1? Oh, and does that spoiler mean there will be an Alliance 2?
Spoiler:
No, and possibly at a later date

Offline Darius

Alliance 2 spoiler:
Spoiler:
Earth and Mars are founding members of the EA, so Mars can't be considered evil by the EA

Spoiler:
Damn. I was hoping for some Earth-style smackdown on the Martian population, similar to how Japan treated Manchuria in WW2. Or is Mars still Earth's plaything for the EA government to do whatever they like?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Big spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mars didn't technically lose the war with Earth, and Earth isn't in a position to smackdown anyone at the end of Alliance.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Spoiler:
Was the Icanus originally martian, as you mentioned that it was under construction before the Second Unification War?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I won't answer that one for now as I haven't done story designs for Alliance 2 yet and it may change.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, and on the subject of the Icanus, what is the replacement for the Andromeda? I'm pretty sure you're not going use that, it really was the worst model I saw in my entire life. I mean, look at that gross tiling of the damage tiles on the debris. When I saw that on modelview I almost vomited  :ick:.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We use the EAI Atlantis instead. Which isn't the blocky station I released years ago.

edit - here it is:
http://inferno.hard-light.net/atlantis_public.jpg
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:27:21 pm by Woomeister »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Released as in.... We can get it?  :eek2:

WHERE!? WHERE!? MUST KNOW!!!  :mad2:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Uh no that one wasn't released. I released another Atlantis station about 4 years ago.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

About which? the spolier I posted there is accurate, you can grab Alliance from the internal if you don't believe me :)

I don't doubt you on the Alliance campaign.  I just can't conceive of a way to get the Gigas into Sol that is both consistent with FreeSpace and not yet mentioned here.  So I conclude that it must have in fact been mentioned, yet you either ignored it or answered in a misleading way. ;)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I can think of one way, but i don't want to reveal it in case its the one they're using.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I just can't conceive of a way to get the Gigas into Sol that is both consistent with FreeSpace and not yet mentioned here.  So I conclude that it must have in fact been mentioned, yet you either ignored it or answered in a misleading way. ;)
The exact way hasn't been mentioned I think, but one was a bit close. I would answer it a bit misleading as if I just said no comment on a particular idea everyone would assume it is correct, and if it is correct, it would be a big spoiler.

It's just a bit more fun to keep everyone guessing than saying "no and I won't tell you" :)