Author Topic: Those Old Textures....  (Read 11528 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Those Old Textures....
Why don't you request these sort of things on the modding forum? Or is requesting beyond you?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There are no moddellers free to do the vast majority of the ships, and I'm not willing to release the ships one at a time for seperate modellers to have a go at, when I may not be guaranteed an end result.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Whaddabout the R1 ships? Why not request those? GE's Tanen is already released, so that can be high-polified. The Alves is also released, so you can ask for that. There are many other already released INF ships like, say the Geb, the Anhur, the Petbe, the Mihos, etc.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
GEs one isn't exactly the same as the one we use now.
I'd rather concentrate on the Terran and EA stuff first as they will be featured the most, and making high poly versions of Vasudan stuff is usually more difficult.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, yours is smoothed, right? Well, the Eclipse is released, Aesacus is done, the Stentor is released, Proteus is released, Banshee is released (someone has done it already, right? It was pretty popular), Alcyone is released, etc.

Why don't you start requesting for things?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There were a few other changes made to it as the mesh became unstable

Stentor and Banshee use new maps and so the old ones are invalid. There is no HTL Banshee as far as I'm aware of.
I believe someone was supposed to be doing an Eclipse, but I've heard nothing on that recently.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Does the Tanen have a fly through hangar? Does the Raynor have one?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I had to remove the one on the Tanen as it was unstable. The Raynor does.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Awww... The Raynor's is tiny...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Raynor replaces Boreas?

(if answer = yes, result = CRAP!!! Bad news for me... Dangit, if only someone redid the Boreas to have some shine and to fix the funny triangles on the rear engines... If the Raynor replaces the Boreas I'll have one less decent ship to work with :shaking:)

R1 ships, if anyone does HTL, the fighters seriously need to be resized IMO. How can a sixteen-gun Keres be a lot smaller than an Alves, or even the Vesuvius for that matter...

Bangwal
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No Raynor replace Icelus

The Keres is the largest fighter now. HTL ships have to be exactly the same size as the non HTL ones, so you won't be getting modellers resizing stuff for their own preference.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Whew. Guess I'm safe... :nervous: Point also taken about the Keres.

Though I find the Raynor an interesting choice for an Icelus replacement IMO... The Raynor kinda looks as if it was meant to carry the heavy guns like the Boreas, as opposed to being the destroyer-class equivalent of the Warlock... Or was the Raynor intro'd in because it resembles the Boreas in some way or another?

Hmm...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:07:44 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It doesn't replace the Icelus stat wise, the Cabari is closer to the Icelus in that way.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Point taken.

Another new ship that I've never heard of... :lol:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Cabari = improved SOC Galatea model

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Urk...

Hope it's a lot better than the old one. =\
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Agreed. :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the mesh is more stable, and it has a different bridge section. There's probably a pic of it somewhere.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Nah, my biggest worry about it is its 'blocky' shape... :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Nemesis is 'blocky' too.