Author Topic: Inferno crashes FS2  (Read 3247 times)

I just installed Inferno R1 and the patch and moved the main .vp file into the INFR1 directory and selected it as a mod, but after I click apply and then run, I get the following error:
Error: species_defs.tbl(35):
Error: Required token = [$AwacsMultiplier:], found [+Pri_Normal:   thruster02] .

File:C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 535
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

And FS2 crashes.  I've tried downloading all the files individually, but got the same result.  I'm using the FS2 Open Launcher 5.3  Any suggestions on what to do?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I believe more up to date SCP build should get around the species_defs issues your having there.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Damn! You beat me to it!

Anyway, what build are you using?

I belive I'm using the 7/28/2005 build from the SCP website: http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?view.136

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, almost forgot:

Gunnery control, power up photon beam cannons. Target omega_ion. Open fire!

:welcome:

Welcome to HLP. We hope you enjoy your stay. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to price cuts, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins, :v:, GOD, or a hyper-intelligent shade of blue have access to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the vents it is most likely Carl, our resident Shivan, give him your lunch and back away slowly, and hope that he's not hungry. Under any circumstances are you to mention the letters eff, ess and three in that order. We recommend reading Karajorma's FAQ and praising all SCP goodness.

First kill.

Anyway, the build you're using is pretty old. Try to get a more up to date build like 3.6.9 RC (available on the SCP forum under Recent Builds).

Alright, I downloaded the latest build and its working now, thank you.
Just a question: is there any voice acting for the squads?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There is no voice acting in Inferno, sorry. There probably never will be either. :(

Alright, if you ever need a voice actor by some circumstance, I'd be interested, and I know some other people that could voice act as well.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Do you mean for R1 or for Inferno SCP? R1 will probably be more possible, Mobius and a few other people are looking for it. However, for INF SCP it is very... improbable as Woo doesn't want to increase filesize and he also doesn't want to make INF take a longer time. I, for one, agree.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
It would be possible for INF:A.
Voice acting for INFR1 is stopped,cough cough.

ANYWAY....

BENVENUTO!!!!

The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I was wondering if we could make the welcome beam blue and have it say

'WELCOME TO THE INFERNO BB'

or something. :)

...I got no welcome-beam so far  *running to cellar and crying*   ;)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
As you wish.

:welcome:

Welcome to HLP. We hope you enjoy your stay. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to price cuts, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins, :v:, GOD, or a hyper-intelligent shade of blue have access to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the vents it is most likely Carl, our resident Shivan, give him your lunch and back away slowly, and hope that he's not hungry. Under any circumstances are you to mention the letters eff, ess and three in that order. We recommend reading Karajorma's FAQ and praising all SCP goodness.

Second kill. ;)

...*singing "Oh happy day!"*...