Author Topic: Question about the ships  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Molaris

Question about the ships
is there any way I can copy ships from Inferno and use them in my own mod? I wanted to download them off the wiki, but couldn't find links. I wanna use all the ships from Inferno with regular Freespace 2 ships (or other user-made ships). is this doable or no?
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: Question about the ships
The R1 ships are linked to the campaign download itself, they (All or most) don't have individual download links, so if you want the INFR1 ships, you need the entire mod.
And you won't be able to use the new Inferno Upgrade ships until the mod is complete and / or the team allows the models to be used outside of Inferno.

Offline Molaris

alright, thank you.
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Commander Zane is correct, none of the new stuff will be available until the mod is released. Now as to how to extract the old stuff from the INF_Main.vp and then insert them into your own mod I don't exactly know myself but the wise people and tutorials in the freespace modding board should be able to point you in the right direction.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
While it's not a 'new' model... a few people revamped the Darkness and made it super cool, as well as brought it up to 2011 standards.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=72747.msg1436801#msg1436801
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline starlord

Question regarding the inferno ships: what's the cernunnos? it appears to be a quite old ship! what was it supposed to be? shivan?