Author Topic: EA Ground Forces WIPs  (Read 13655 times)

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Re: EA Ground Forces WIPs
That tank looks awesome!
However,I think that middle-front turret might in a bad place.
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
That huge main gun is going to look very very wonky if it's a multipart and can rotate fully to the sides or behind. As a singlepart or maybe only being able to rotate/elevate 5 degrees or so, it should be fine, though.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
That tank looks awesome!
However,I think that middle-front turret might in a bad place.

Juuust thought of that. Will ditch that turret.

That huge main gun is going to look very very wonky if it's a multipart and can rotate fully to the sides or behind. As a singlepart or maybe only being able to rotate/elevate 5 degrees or so, it should be fine, though.

It's supposed to rotate and elevate fully, the better to gatling you with. Any ideas for a more rotation-friendly design?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Might work better if it was not as long, then that middle-front turret might not have to go either.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Zarax

Maybe you could use an oscillating turret design: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscillating_turret
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline CT27

Will the upcoming story piece be from the EA or GTVA perspective?

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
GTVA first, though we'll be covering the story of the EA and the Vasudans too.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I like the new "flying fortress" design, looks like a more serious threat. That oscillating turret thing looks awesome too and I think it could really work for the central gun.

Offline Vrets

But I want to play as the EA and throw my weight around, behave questionably towards civilian space convoys in Beta Aquilea, etc.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
But I want to play as the EA and throw my weight around, behave questionably towards civilian space convoys in Beta Aquilea, etc.

Well, you'll have to make a fan-campaign once INF comes out. :)

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Updated the turret. What do you think?

Offline Zarax

Looking good, although now the central turret reminds me of a sturmtiger
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You should probably make the turret ring/turret base cylinder thingy a bit thicker since it doesn't quite look like it could support such a massive weapon on it at the moment, with it being off to one side and being "unbalanced". A counterweight would work, but making the base cylinder bigger would go a long way to making it look more stable.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Zarax

Backside exhausts could also be considered, so that the weapon would be recoilless.
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Updated the cannon, started fleshing out the details.

Offline Zarax

Looking good!
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth

UV-ready Y/N? Will add some more plating detail, etc. in the normalmap.

Offline Zarax

I'd say it's good to go!
If you're in the mood for some greebling you might want to put some detail in the engine area, otherwise I'd say it's mighty fine!
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
That main turret gun is going to look wonky if it's able to elevate fully and shoot straight up, because the way it's set up now I think the back portion of it might clip into the hull a bunch.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline CT27

I like the look of the tank.