RELEASE: MediaVPs 4.1 - 17th of February 2020
Older Release post for 3.6.10 Here
Older Release post for 3.6.12 Here
Older Release post for 3.7.2 Here
Older Release post for 3.8.x Here
Older Release post for 4.0.x HereDiscussion Thread Located Here!
Step 1: Ensure you have a working installation of Freespace 2
The MediaVPs require a working installation of retail Freespace 2. If you do not have the retail Freespace 2, it can be purchased from Good Old Games
for ~$6-10 USD
Step 2: Get the latest SCP Build and LauncherMediaVPs 4.1.x requires an FSO build 19.0 or greater!
- Current Required Build is fs2_open 19.0
- Launchers, if you don't have one already:
- All platforms: Knossos (combined launcher/installer/mod store) This is the recommended method. Download this and skip to Step 3.
- All platforms: wxLauncher
- Both the fs2_open exe and Launcher exe should be placed in your root Freespace2 install folder. ie: "C:\Games\FreeSpace2"
- Note that this is a HIGHLY recommended place to put your FreeSpace2 files, especially on Vista/Win7.
- It's a good idea at this point to also copy fs2_open DEBUG exe into your root Freespace2 install folder in case you later on encounter problems you need to ask about on the forums. This is because the debug builds will create the all important "fs2_open.log" file in "user\appdata\HardLightProductions\FreeSpace2\data" that should always be included in such posts. For more information, please check (all posts!) in The Freespace Troubleshooting FAQ thread in the Freespace and Freespace Open Support Forum
Step 3: Download the 4.1 MediaVPs themselves![DOWNLOAD] - Use Knossos:
Click below to get started. The latest revision is 4.1.x.
If you want to manually install individual packages, you'll need to write your own mod.ini and create the MediaVPs_41X folder in your FSO directory. Then use the link above and click "No, but I know exactly what I'm doing and I just want download links
" and install those packages into the MediaVPs_41X folder. This method is not recommended.Play and enjoy! Also, please report any bugs you come across to the FSU Mantis!
- Hi-poly Hecate
- Hi-poly Chronos
- Hi-poly Amazon Adv
- Hi-poly TAC1
- Hi-poly Zephyrus
- Hi-poly Aeolus
- Mission bugfixes
- Kestrellius' new weapon effects
- Updated CBAnims using new ship assets
- Several minor fixes/tweaks including removing redundant POFs