General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Steam Deck - I will pay a nerd to get Knossos working.

<< < (11/14) > >>

delta_5-1:
Update for 14 June 2023, the process still works with the newest steam update!

Colonol Dekker:
So mission objective achieved?

munst:
Many thanks for the work that's gone into getting this working, just had my first FS2 playthrough in years and it works great on the deck. Now up to my neck in the mods! Out of interest why is there the need to re-install Knossos after steam client updates? My deck has updated a few times since I installed the first time and I haven't needed to do anything, it just keeps working?

delta_5-1:

--- Quote from: munst on June 27, 2023, 05:42:44 am ---Many thanks for the work that's gone into getting this working, just had my first FS2 playthrough in years and it works great on the deck. Now up to my neck in the mods! Out of interest why is there the need to re-install Knossos after steam client updates? My deck has updated a few times since I installed the first time and I haven't needed to do anything, it just keeps working?

--- End quote ---

Yes, unless it replaces the files you have to uninstall with:

--- Code: ---pip uninstall PyQt5 PyQt5-Qt5 PyQt5-sip PyQtWebEngine PyQtWebEngine-Qt5
--- End code ---

That web engine stuff seems to be the stuff that goes goofy, but not as much as it did last year.

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on June 15, 2023, 12:51:16 pm ---So mission objective achieved?

--- End quote ---

Not quite, I would like to eventually see Knossos distributeded via FlatPak, that way its easier for people to install.

DeepSpace9er:
I was able to get it installed, however running it would only get to the grey screen and nothing would load on it.

I had a much easier and simpler time running the .exe installer through proton and adding the fs2 files to that container and running it through the game interface natively.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version