Author Topic: Babylons 1 to 3  (Read 3153 times)

Offline magatsu1

What happened to 'em then ? I've got series 1 to 3 and still don't know/remember.

Anyone fancy a fanboy B5 discussion BTW ?:D
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I remember reading in an online encyclopedia of some sort that Babylons 1-4 were all either lost or destroyed.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline magatsu1

well B4 was explained in War without End.

Offline Slasher

Near the end of In the Beginning, when Londo is finishing his story, a Babylon station is seen exploding.  It doesn't say which one it is, but it's obviously 1, 2, or 3.  

I think sabotage played a role in one or more of the first three stations' destruction.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
They were all sabbotaged and destroyed before completion.  In the season 1 episode "Grail", Jinxo (Tomas) gave a bit more description of what happened to at least 2 of them, as well as B4.  Now, I seem to recall some interesting elaborations on these events, over at B5 Tech, but I just looked there and I don't see what I recall reading.  Also, many in this community dislike B5 Tech for its loose association with canon information.  In any case, if it wasn't B5 Tech, then I'm not sure where I read this, but I recall that 3 separate Pro-Earth groups sabbotaged 3 different key components of Babylon 1, without any kind of co-ordination or knowledge between them.  When one of the components failed, the remaining undammaged components were reused as part of the next Babylon station, until some of them failed.  The final sabbotaged component failed during late construction of B3, when the tech crews powered up the reactor for the first time, and had it blow on them.  B4 and subsequently B5, were both constructed under heavy military supervision.

later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline magatsu1

I would have taken the hint after B3 went pop and tried somethin' else...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Screenshot from "In The Beginning", the movie.  I see someone else bought the B5 DVD movie pack.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline magatsu1

oh I've got that too ( the only movie I've got like)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yeah, you know I think I'd have been like "ok, lets call this one... Persia 1"
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline -Norbert-

If you want more detail on Jinxo:
He said that the first 3 stations where destroyed due to sabotage when he was on vacation. So he stayed on B4 untill it was finished. When he looked back thrugh a window of the shuttle that brought him away from B4 (since when did an EA shuttle have a window in the back :p ) he saw B4 disappear.