Author Topic: The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!  (Read 23720 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!
Is it really so important to see the ship in the briefing to be worth all that? Spinning ship, seen that in the tech room.
Now if the ship would shoot it's weapons, destroy a couple of other ships and blow up, then it would be another matter. :D
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Actually, since it's perfectly possible to alter one and not the other using standard FSO and FRED2_Open, I'm beginning to think that this might have to do with something TBP-specific. Maybe the tables, dunno.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Rynok

Is it really so important to see the ship in the briefing to be worth all that?

All I can say is I was looking forward to learning the B5 ships in the ambience of a briefing. It's more immersive than studying them in the tech room. In missions they tend to shoot at one so it gets a bit hectic.

Looks like me and ngtm1r are the only ones in the galaxy who care. The icon images look fabulous, even when unclicked.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
make that three. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline memento

I finished playing the Raider Wars yesterday and just wanted to thank you for a wonderful job done there.

Thanks a lot !

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I decided to take a break from my... current project, to play Raider Wars again, to see the improvements since the last beta.  During the 1st mission, I noted an ingame voice file was used twice, but one instance had a different text.  After going though the mission in FRED and verrifying the voicefile, it seems that we have 2 files that have the identical content.  Voice, Special wav files "rw 02 004.wav" and "rw 02 006.wav" are actually the same file, but the later should be something else based on the game text.  I'm guessing that it was accidentally overwritten by the content from "004".

While I was in FRED, I decided to go though each mission and try to switch the ships referenced by the briefing icons to the correct ships.  Obviously, because of the cumbersome nature of the existing icons table layout, I can't always match up ship types to what they should be.  I stopped short of making any changes to the table itself, but I've been musing over a possible overhaul of the icons table code, which could be proposed to the SCP team once they release the official 3.6.7 build and lift the code freeze.

Also note, because of the name change of the Babylon 5 table entry in the Base 3.3 Beta, the final mission of RW cannot be played as is.  Anyone playing RW under this beta should extract the last mission and fix this.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The duplicate sample bug was fixed in the RW2.01 old engine backward compatability patch. Of course if you want compatability with the new engines, you can't apply the patch.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.