Author Topic: HLPX-COM: You're All Dying For Your Planet, Right Here!  (Read 118886 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: HLPX-COM: You're All Dying For Your Planet, Right Here!
I am honored to have been of service.

That said, in fond reflection of my grandfather, who is also a biologist, I would like to prepare mushroom surprise! I hear it "amplifies" psionic abilities...

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Plus NGTM-1R might not be familiar with UFO:AI, meaning he won't know quite what to expect from the aliens.

Actually, I've played UFO: AI and I find it, in general, not nearly as fun as X-COM is/was.

And the lack of an in-mission save feature because they regard it as heresy is unfortunately a dealbreaker for this sort of thing, where it can take hours to do a mission with screenshots and commentary.

I have no intention of doing another LP at the moment anyways.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Congrats to Grand Commander NGTM-1R, and to the elite badasses of Squads 1 and 2! I'm honored to have been a part (twice!) of the asskicking militia that is HLPX-COM.

Quote from: General Battuta
hey, man, i don't dig this military stuff. luminous beings are we, you know? i bet my psi strength is 99

In my current playthrough, I've actually got a trooper with a psi strength of 97.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Actually, I've played UFO: AI and I find it, in general, not nearly as fun as X-COM is/was.
Let's see how X-Com Enemy Unknown turns out. Hopefully it'll be glorious.

I wanted to go to Cydonia though, blasted PSI rating. :(

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Plus NGTM-1R might not be familiar with UFO:AI, meaning he won't know quite what to expect from the aliens.

And the lack of an in-mission save feature because they regard it as heresy is unfortunately a dealbreaker for this sort of thing, where it can take hours to do a mission with screenshots and commentary.

I have no intention of doing another LP at the moment anyways.

I wonder if that could be modded in, or if it already has been modded in.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Congratulations to everyone who had a part in HLPX-COM! As a special consolidation prize from our funding nations, I have been given the authority to direct the crystal machinists to create a trophy of your desire!

Just keep in mind that our crystal supply limits the size of their trophies to no larger than 1 x 1 x 0.25m, and our laser mill is waiting for a parts upgrade which should come within a month or so...
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
A final thought on doing more in this series.

It sounds good, but then I remember...

We have The E.

He has passed though the valley of darkness. He has suffered your psi spam, blaster bombs, psi spam, grenades, psi spam, plasma weapons, being locked inside his Flying Suit for days on end, and he passes through them unscathed at the last. The abyss dares not face The E. He'll stare down elder gods. Send your signal to T'Leth. He'll take the whole city down alone. Send The High One. It will die because The E wills it so. Build your goddamn Doomsday Weapon. It can't withstand his gaze. The Micronoid Aggregate will quake in his shadow. The Overspawn will climb through a gate to the Alien Dimension to get away from him.

So there's really no point.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
All I request, is a funny one-liner when I die.

I think, considering the subject matter, that this is the single most unlikely denial of a request I have ever seen.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
KyadCK, Squadie, 13 missions, 13 kills,
KyadCK, Sergeant, 17 missions, 17 kills,
KyadCK, Sergeant, 26 missions, 37 kills, 78 TUs, Psi Strength 56

Um, holy crap. Somewhere along the line I decided 1 kill per mission just wasn't enough.

Three psi attacks are made on Kyad, but none works.
Still trying to psi Kyad and failing.

Ya, not so easy this time is it? And I had one of the lowest the lowest Psi ratings of all the troops going in ya alien scum.  :pimp:

Some of you won't be leaving.

R.I.P. tank driv.... wait. They're on the ship, not in the tank. Heh, some doom mission if we didn't lose a single troop.  :p
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:44:55 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: Final Thoughts on the Alien War
And what happened on Cydonia was beyond imagining. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think the mission would go so well. And all without a single Psi Amp on our side, a single instance of a soldier being mind-controlled, and only the one tank getting shot and killed. If somebody can tell me how the **** I did this, I'd like to know, because I have no clue.

It's one of those strange and unlikely events. Happens.

Remeber when I did the let's play of UFO:AI? Also practilcy no losses.

I do have one quesiton - what is the brains plea anyway?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I wonder if that could be modded in, or if it already has been modded in.

You talking about tanks or the save feature?

The no-save feature is not really a problem. The maps aren 't that big and this way you cna't save-scam. You can re-start the entire mission, buuuut.
UFO:AI gets better every day.
I'm just waiting for tanks and the new health system. Then it will be truly glorious. Altouhg I'm more excited about the health system. Tanks are for pusses anyway.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Quote from: General Battuta
hey, man, i don't dig this military stuff. luminous beings are we, you know? i bet my psi strength is 99

peace on earth. off earth too

General Battuta, Squaddie, 20 missions, 6 kills, 68 TUs, Psi Strength 7

i feel like i just got slapped by the ultimate hustler

Don't forget your other prediction:

I can't help but think that this means you're doomed to have a psi strength of 5.

And what happened on Cydonia was beyond imagining. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think the mission would go so well. And all without a single Psi Amp on our side, a single instance of a soldier being mind-controlled, and only the one tank getting shot and killed. If somebody can tell me how the **** I did this, I'd like to know, because I have no clue.

Unmodified X-Com has a bug that resets the difficulty level to Beginner any time you load a saved game. :p

Even on Beginner though, that's pretty impressive.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, I assumed this was on Beginner the whole time, even on Beginner the game is still pretty nasty hard at the tactical level.

Yeah, I assumed this was on Beginner the whole time, even on Beginner the game is still pretty nasty hard at the tactical level.

When I first read Goobers post, I was like "how does such a bug get past playtesting?"

And then I was like...

Oh right.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
was quite fun to follow, nice LP man :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Since I was playing it straight I figured I shouldn't waste the time by having one really really hard first mission.

Somebody could have probably checked kill totals and figured it out anyways. There were a couple of things I could have avoided by playing safer, like losing the Cannon Tank, but even on this difficulty level I don't think I could have avoided most of the losses.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:28:51 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
This is THE MOST EPIC thread I've ever seen in ANY of the forums I visited in ANY of the internets I've wandered.  In ANY of the lives I lived.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
As a soldier of HLPX-COM, it was an honor to stand with the best of the best in our finest hour. 

Seriously this kind of thing is awesome.  We should keep an eye out for other games with customization like this, I'd love to see another LP like this.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I would also like to thank this thread for introducing me to Sabaton.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
As a soldier of HLPX-COM, it was an honor to stand with the best of the best in our finest hour. 

Seriously this kind of thing is awesome.  We should keep an eye out for other games with customization like this, I'd love to see another LP like this.

I'd like to do one of UFO: ET with UniMod when my exams are over. Possibly Xenonauts when it comes out too.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp