Author Topic: In space no one can hear your call of duty  (Read 4860 times)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
In space no one can hear your call of duty
..what?  :wtf:
I am intrigued. By call of *****ng duty. I guess they won't go as far as boe dogfight mode, but hey, space.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: In space no one can hear your call of duty
This is the first Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2 to actually interest me in any way, shape, or form.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Has strong Halo vibes to it, but hey, why not? 
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Luis Dias

David Bowie meets Star Citizen. (with a No Man's Sky homage thrown in for good measure)

But this one I actually believe it will be released.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:49:48 am by Luis Dias »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Well, aliens had to happen to the franchise eventually.  Sorta interested, but will it have a decent campaign, or will it be a set of multiplayer maps and modes with a "learn to play" singleplayer mode tacked on, as all of them up to the point when I went from paying little attention to no attention were?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Lorric

I like how everything before the trailer tells you it's Call of Duty, it looks nothing like a Call of Duty game, then straight after that, it looks like any other Call of Duty game.

Fun ride they take us on before then.

It definitely has CoD vibes but the visuals themselves look nothing like call of duty. They're bright, sharp, and colourful compared to the usual brown and gray. Barring some jankyness on the faces it looks really damn good.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

I thought they said they were being invaded by the Colonial Defense Force? I don't see no aliens.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I thought they said they were being invaded by the Colonial Defense Force? I don't see no aliens.

I caught that too.

Although.. to play devil's advocate... if you were an alien race, and you had time and good infiltration, what better way to bring humanity to its knees than so stage an attack indistinguishable from one by said Colonial Defense Force?

The two sides grind each other until one is weak; then you steam roll that side, while keeping the formerly winning side on the defensive, and then, after you've established a base of operations in the (I'm assuming Colonial Defense Force will be the first to knuckle under here) CDF space, you finish off Earth.

Divide, Conquer, Profit!

I'd say of course CDF + Earth would realize and unite, but, hey, this sets up the sequel:  Call of Duty: Infinite Guerrilla Warfare XIV!!!!

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
If people like the space dogfighting bits, will we finally see a real resurgence of the old school space sim?
I mean the old linear ones Freespace-style instead another open world trade 'em up MMO.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:11:44 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well, aliens had to happen to the franchise eventually.  Sorta interested, but will it have a decent campaign, or will it be a set of multiplayer maps and modes with a "learn to play" singleplayer mode tacked on, as all of them up to the point when I went from paying little attention to no attention were?

No Call of Duty game in history fits this description, they've all had ridiculously lavish expensive campaigns. Did you just make this up? It fits Titanfall...or BF2 I guess...

This trailer is awful and does not have any ayyy lmao

Offline rance

From previous campaigns they've done, I'm guessing that it'll be confined to one or two heavily scripted and linear missions.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Ramirez, secure the Burger Orbital!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Luis Dias

does not have any ayyy lmao

QFT. No Kevin Spacey, no close nuclear blast (although there's one in space), nothing remotely ridiculous, I mean wtf. Did they fire Michael Bay or smth? The only thing to note here is the No-Man-Skying out of Earth into Star Citizen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Their viral reveal of the antagonists was really badly written too, I am not even a bit excited for this campaign. Black Ops 2 actually had a hilarious and biting story! But IW's last creative effort was, uh, Ghosts. Which...I mean, they're not making Ghosts 2, so you can see how that turned out.

Which is a shame, as the only reason to buy CoD on PC nowadays is the singleplayer so you can see just how ridiculous and over the top the campaign is. If you want a competitive multiplayer shooter Counterstrike: Global Offensive is 40€ less and better as a competitive game.

And if you just want a casual shooter to play with friends you always have Destiny.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
I'm not exactly thrilled and or interested in CoD until the reviewers have torn it up.

The current pace is 'it's da future..." call me when Ramirez is assigned to bring Bosch back.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

No Call of Duty game in history fits this description, they've all had ridiculously lavish expensive campaigns. Did you just make this up? It fits Titanfall...or BF2 I guess...

I have not played them, no.  That was based on online reviews and responses I got when questioning people who did play them back in college, around the time of CoD4.  I was mildly interested, but everyone I ever asked described it as 3-4 hours of hallway shooter and irrelevant plot.  I only ever saw one person play the campaign, and he wasn't even enjoying it, he was just completing it before moving on to multiplayer (for a perk or something i think).  I didn't ask around as much for whatever the next one was, but nothing I saw made me think it was any different.  I stopped paying attention not too much later because at that point it looked like another "people are buying it anyway so let's just put out a rehash every year" franchise, like madden or guitar hero. 
I like to stare at the sun.

They're 3-4 hours of bombastic setpieces and completely over the top ludicrous shootouts with bodycounts in the thousands. At least the more recent ones. Hallway shooting doesn't even show up THAT much, most of the time you're in a big open area with lots of cover and lots of things to shoot. When you do go indoors you usually still have areas a bit more complex than just a hallway. Obviously simple hallways show up here and there but I definitely wouldn't describe CoD as a hallway shooter. The plots are rather irrelevant, sure, but they're ridiculous and often entertainingly dumb, at least the ones in the last 5 years or so.

All of that said though I still wouldn't reccomend the CoD series as the actual shooting is rather bleh and just doesn't feel right with a mouse.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:11:00 am by FrikgFeek »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I have not played them, no.  That was based on online reviews and responses I got when questioning people who did play them back in college, around the time of CoD4.  I was mildly interested, but everyone I ever asked described it as 3-4 hours of hallway shooter and irrelevant plot.  I only ever saw one person play the campaign, and he wasn't even enjoying it, he was just completing it before moving on to multiplayer (for a perk or something i think).  I didn't ask around as much for whatever the next one was, but nothing I saw made me think it was any different.  I stopped paying attention not too much later because at that point it looked like another "people are buying it anyway so let's just put out a rehash every year" franchise, like madden or guitar hero. 

CoD4 especially has one of the most effective single-player campaigns out there. There's a reason why everyone scrambled to copy it so often; the story beats it plays, from beginning to end, are a really good and surprisingly well thought-out look at "Modern Warfare" and how murky and morally grey everything in it is.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns