Author Topic: [Feature Request] Countermeasures Distracting Turrets  (Read 2669 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
[Feature Request] Countermeasures Distracting Turrets
as in the title, would it be possible for table options to be included to allow ships to use countermeasures to cause a percentage chance that turrets targeting them will miss for the duration of the CM and again options to set the turret's susceptibility to countermeasure.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: [Feature Request] Countermeasures Distracting Turrets
Ow dayum, I could see all kinds of cool senarios for this.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Such as a audaciously constructed non-powered targeting device for uber beamz?  :yes:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

Such as a audaciously constructed non-powered targeting device for uber beamz?  :yes:

is that not a TAG?
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam

is that not a TAG?

It's a TAG, but without a rocket engine or any significant velocity. :P
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i toyed with this idea awhile back, in the form of a missile that would deploy a number of slow, but harmless bomblets (no scripting required). the idea was they would overwhelm the point defense of the target. it didnt work too well. they would all die too fast, or you would need so many the game would slow up. newer features like weapon hitpoints or an armor nerf would make them work a little better. only thing i can really think of code wise you would need a general feature to give weapons target priority so that point defences will prefer to target weapons with the highest priority value. that and to get the ai to use them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:37:06 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ha!, this could be used for escaping Star Wars tractor beam weapons, assuming they were implemented (if they haven't been already, I really don't know :nervous: )

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ha!, this could be used for escaping Star Wars tractor beam weapons, assuming they were implemented (if they haven't been already, I really don't know :nervous: )

There's push-pull weaponry already implemented... sorta. Basically it's a Flail-type weapon with negative mass.

[Edit] To clarify, we're capable of have non-newtonian weaponry that can push or pull whatever object the bolt/beam impacts away/towards the shooter, but the vector of the shooter is not changed. It kinda makes sense for cap-ship weaponry, where most of its targets are much lighter than the cap-ship.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:18:31 am by z64555 »
chief1983

------------

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm, then countermeasures like this should work vs. capship turrets equipped with said weapon, yes?  :)

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
It should give you a few moments respite per CM depending on effectiveness and duration

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
To some extent you should be able to do this with turret target priorities

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=40504.msg826139#msg826139
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73344.0
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73816.0
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Objecttypes.tbl#.23Target_Priorities

Just launch a countermeasure that's contained within a target priority group that supercedes everything else. IIRC, I set it up so that any weapon can be used as a "countermeasure".
-C