Author Topic: Quick dumb question  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Quick dumb question
I clearly remember asking this some time ago, but I have no idea what the answer was. I tried searching it furiously, for I know the truth is in there somewhere, but all I found equals useless. Are we sure the search is working properly?

Anyway. I installed FS2 again some moments ago. All bells and whistles and so on. But I still see the vanilla boxy thruster flames. And I can't remember how to get the now groovy SCP thruster flames to show up.

Help will be greatly appreciated...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Quick dumb question
species_defs.tbl like this one or -sdf.tbm like in current mediavps.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Ah Yesss. Thats it. I'll write a note so that I will remember it next time.

Thanks W.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
species_defs.tbl like this one or -sdf.tbm like in current mediavps.

Sorry for the bump, but what does that do?

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
In general... It defines some species related data in the game. Standard version is already in the code though so actual table file is not needed unless you want to modify it. See for example this FSwiki page.

That particular table effectively removes all retail type 'hollow animated box' type thruster effects and replaces them with, or activates, newer glowpoint thruster effects.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light