Author Topic: "The only possible outcome" bug  (Read 2216 times)

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
"The only possible outcome" bug
I beat the mission, and when I got to the debriefing it says that I failed the mission.  Did I do something wrong??? (I completed all of the objectives)

BTW, this mod kicks total ass.  My only problem with it is the look of the Terran fighters, they suck...
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Could be a Kobiashi Maru Mission
The Mission could be a "Kobiashi Maru Scenario" Where you have a mission objective that your meant to fail. But then of course, you wouldn't be able to complete them, they'd just stay uncompleted until they failed.

I had loads of problem with this one mission on Freespace 1 were you had to capture a crusier, but it was destroyed by a crusier you could not beat. However, the problem i did defend the crusier, and it survived wave after wave :D. My father played the same Fs1 mission and did the same AS WELL as disabling the Shian crusier :lol:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Probably the transport evacuting the Phobos or the Segomo destroyer where destroyed?

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
No all of the objectives were complete....  I'll have to replay it today and let you know how it goes...  I really want to finish this!!!
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
One quick question: are you killing the Fox transport or is it self-destructing?  If you are killing it, then it breaks the chain of events and the mission ends up with nothing happening after the SOC destroyer arrives.  It is caused (at least it was for me) by having an old version of the Phobos corvette (one with no dockpoints) in your Data/Models directory.  Remove it and try the mission again.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
I played through the mission like 3 times, and I finally was able to pass it.  2 of the times the same thing occured, but the 3rd time it didn't.
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron