Author Topic: Woos Glory Shots  (Read 89444 times)

And here I distinctly remember someone telling me that the Notus was smaller than the Vindy.... :doubt:
That is one really BIG bomber! :D

BTW, what is that Shivan/Terran hybrid-looking bomber in the lower-right? I don't remember it in the screenies...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
And here I distinctly remember someone telling me that the Notus was smaller than the Vindy.... :doubt:

BTW, what is that Shivan/Terran hybrid-looking bomber in the lower-right? I don't remember it in the screenies...
It's shorter than it.

I don't get were you see Shivan in that ship but that's the EAB Holler.

I don't get were you see Shivan in that ship but that's the EAB Holler.

Oh.

It's the red glowmaps.... they just shout "SHIVAN!" at me for some reason...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it's not a Shivan hybrid.

Each race has a bomber comparable to the Jotun there, with warheads to match. The Notus is more unique though.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Cockpit size comparison:
http://inferno.hard-light.net/bigcockpit.jpg
Now you can see why I didn't do these bombers :D

I can see Inferno's lightbulb joke here...  "How many Terrans can you fit in the Notus's cockpit?"

@Woo -- Nice work.  Keep it up!  :yes:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:33:59 pm by Tyrian »
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
@ Woo

Just curious, but did you change the textures on the Holler? Or are you making textures resembling the Holler and using them on the other EA fighters (obviously to keep military uniformity)?

I found it too and was about to use it in a mod when I read that it had problems crashing the game whenever it died on-screen... but if it's already downloadable on HC and appearing in R2, then that bug's prolly been fixed...

----

Pity those bombers lack cockpits; I can imagine 4 men controlling the Notus (two seats below, two seats above). When I first saw the Notus, there was something I didn't like about its boxy appearance, but add another 30 seconds to that and now I like it a fair bit... :lol:

If only someone did Vas models so we could have Vas cockpitted fighters... :lol:

Wonder what the Keres and Wraith will be like... (evil grin)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:11:07 pm by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
I seem to recall that the Wraith, formerly an SOC bomber, was not going to be a part of the main release.  Then again, perhaps it will be in an archives pack of some sort?

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Speaking of the SOC, is the Lyre an SOC craft? Since it sports the SOC paintjob...  :blah:

Wonder if the EA has their own version of the SOC... maybe the ex-GTI? :lol: Since the Vas have the VCI anyway...

:D
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
The SOC is no longer a separate force from the GTVA in Inferno.  Their fleet has been scrapped, though some ships have been kept on as Alliance craft, like the Solaris.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
@asyikarea51
The Holler textures remain the same, not every EA ship uses the same texture so it fits in fine with the others.

The bug is easy to fix, you need to set the turrets to have a rotate axis in modelview as it's required by live debris.

The lyre is standard GTVA.

@Trayus
The Wraith is not part of the main mod.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
The SOC is no longer a separate force from the GTVA in Inferno.  Their fleet has been scrapped, though some ships have been kept on as Alliance craft, like the Solaris.

Ahhh shucks... there goes that campaign idea I had (although my FREDding is prolly still at a basic level)...

But it is available as a separate pack right? There were screenies on SOC stuff released some time back... (Woo did mention he hadn't touched them in a while...)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Inferno night club....Inferno night Club...eh eh....

Tyrian:If you want....I have four rifles....

Woo:I want a Shivan/Terran hybrid!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It would help if you asked what class of Shivan/Terran hybrid you want (as in Fighter, Bomber, etc.)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Woo:I want a Shivan/Terran hybrid!
Uh good for you then :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Where I can find it?

OT OT OT Snail:what happened to your Machina Terra member title and your icon?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Um, IIRC none of the 'badges' are working (look at Woo, he doesn't have an INF badge).

And how did you know I'm MT? Did someone tell you or does everyone know...?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There was the MT icon near your nick yesterday if I remember well..I've sent you a PM too.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, really? I saw your PM but I didn't understand what you meant...

Anyway, MT is really good from what I've seen, and closer to release than you think... ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well,I'll then try to have an "I" near my nick ;)

Machina Terra....Wasn't it Macchina Terra(ground car)?
The Lightblue Ribbon