Author Topic: Obsolete Inferno Ships  (Read 14102 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Gigas is longer than the Icanus but is a lot thinner, the Vidyadhar is shorter than both but is wider than the Gigas, but still thinner than the Icanus.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Vidyadhar?I missed something?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Why exactly did we need a bigger Vinashaak?  :lol:

Looks awesome though, some similarities to Nuke's Dante-class, though the Dante is considerably smaller than any INF super-jugg. At least, I thought it looked similar, that picture was of really bad quality, as though someone deliberately fuzzed it out so the details wouldn't be visible:p

If it's an archives ship and not going to be featured in the mod... can we have it?  :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No since I have plans for it now :p

:(

@Snail: you had to use Fileplanet, AKA the biggest Internet hassle I've ever seen, didn't you?

The only reason I now have an account there is because I really want the original Gigas....

EDIT: Wow, I really think some of those old models could be used still (I'm thinking of the original Androgenos). Course, I haven't seen it textured, but still, the model looks very good.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 05:41:51 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Yeah
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,33203.msg777272.html#msg777272
Looks like a a re-designed Diablo crossed with Annorax's Weapon Ship from ST:Voyager's S4 "The Year Of Hell".
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Seems defintely a modified Diablo.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nope it's not even close to the Diablo.
I haven't touched the original Diablo mesh in a very long time.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
:(

@Snail: you had to use Fileplanet, AKA the biggest Internet hassle I've ever seen, didn't you?

The only reason I now have an account there is because I really want the original Gigas....

EDIT: Wow, I really think some of those old models could be used still (I'm thinking of the original Androgenos). Course, I haven't seen it textured, but still, the model looks very good.

ï üsed fïleplanet bẽcause ïnferno üsed ït, ï lïnked tồ tħeïr dồwnloads.

Just got a look at the zAndrgeos with its textures, and I must say...

IT IS PERFECT!!!!! :D

... for a specific role in my campaign! There aren't any inherent flaws in the model are there?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Possibly, the Nemesis carrier one had terrible clipping issues, but this was with retail though.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Not that anyone would use carrier.pof, I mean that thing had no turrets and was basically a few blocks on top of each other. But you can see its vague resemblance to the real Nemesis.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The original Nemesis had a 'runway' like the carrier one, but it caused too much clipping so I cut it off.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
That was a pre-pre-pre-pre Nemesis I think :lol:

The Chelob seems ok for a thing in Steady....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That was a pre-pre-pre-pre Nemesis I think :lol:
Nope we dumped that one and designed a ship that was a cross between the Orion and Fenris, which is the current Nemesis.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't Khonsider the Nemesis an Orion/Leviathan(why Fenris?). It might be have inspired by those ships but it's another design.
The Lightblue Ribbon

I definitely see the Fenris in the Nemesis, but I fail to see what it borrowed from the Orion's design...  :doubt:

It's also quite a bit large than either one of those ships; regardless, it is IMO the best-designed ship in Inferno.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I definitely see the Fenris in the Nemesis, but I fail to see what it borrowed from the Orion's design...  :doubt:

Textures?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Nothing to do with textures....

It's definitely another ship design.
The Lightblue Ribbon