Author Topic: Please Don't Shoot Me Woo...  (Read 4220 times)

Please Don't Shoot Me Woo...
I'm currently working on a campaign (aside from *cough* helping *cough* Dark Hunter) that will explain why the Shivans showed up at Ros 128 (I think I'm right) in R1. Please Woo, tell me if you'll let me explain (got a good idea on how), or if you don't want me to, let me know...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 09:06:25 pm by spartan_0214 »

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Please Don't Shoot Me Woo...
Only if you voice act INFR1! :lol:

There shouldn't be theories/reasons...it's simply the third Shivan War...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

yea, I don't have a reason for the war, but a reason why they were at Ross 128...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

To answer why the Shivans were attacking again, one would also have to answer why they ever bothered attacking the GTVA in the first place...

As for why Ross 128, I just assumed that there was an unstable jump node there that the Shivans used to attack the GTA.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You don't need my permission to try and fill any gaps in the R1 story, that's why we left a few gaps so have fun :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Did you have a plan as to how the Shivans did come into GTVA space? Or did it have something to do with the Shivan JumpGate (though that wouldn't work as the Gigas can't fit through it).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You would of seen a bit more in the SOC campaign.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Until it was dropped. :rolleyes:

Is there a plan for 'SOC SCP' (catchy name ;))?

Offline Dysko

I'm currently working on a campaign that will explain why the Shivans showed up at Ross 128 in R1

Don't worry, even Steadfast will try to explain it (in Episode 7297678392769, maybe... :p), even if we follow a different storyline.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are you still using that Telemus reskin or did you make a better one?

actually, I was going to say that the Shivans had found a way to go through subspace without using a Node.

there...ummm. a sneak preview???
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 12:32:22 pm by spartan_0214 »

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

And so the entirety of your campaign is hopelessy ruined for everyone. [sarcasm] GOOD JOB SPARTAN! [/sarcasm]

See, this is what Woo enjoys: watching everyone else attempt to figure out what he's planning to do, and (we think, anyway) getting it wrong. He doesn't just TELL US, cause that would ruin the entire campaign!!!!!

Quick! Modify that message! So that your campaign may have some point to it after all!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Urg, when you put spoilers, YOU DON'T SPOIL THE ENTIRE STORY... :doubt:

sorry about that spoiling post...but meh, I don't hide much...

Anyway, here's a mission that I made (please don't test it, just play it for the fun of it, it's not finished yet). It's only a taste of what's to come...

[attachment deleted by admin]

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It should be Daedalus,Dedalus is almost Italian <---- lol

Are you still using that Telemus reskin or did you make a better one?

That's the best reskin possible.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

thanks LGM, I'll change it in the re-make.  The source o' that name came from James Joyce's "A Portait of the Artist as a Young Man." The main character's name is Stephen Dedalus....I assumed he was named for the Greek (?) myth of Daedalus. Joyce must have changed it for some reason.

also,  I know I broke a few of Karajorma's rules involving the naming of the Shivan wings, but I like them. If you need/want me to change the names, lemme know

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

I don't think there are rules, per se, about naming wings (of any species). Just some commonly accepted conventions of doing so. (You should see the wing names in Axem's JAD series).

[sarcasm] okay Hunter, whatever you say [/sarcasm]

just kidding Hunter, I enjoy making those names...I think they're pretty good...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well they're bit strange,like "Ravanah".

In STHCRS I'm using even stranger names,like "Boccacesso","Magh","Kirum","Rakhos"...

thanks LGM, I'll change it in the re-make.  The source o' that name came from James Joyce's "A Portait of the Artist as a Young Man." The main character's name is Stephen Dedalus....I assumed he was named for the Greek (?) myth of Daedalus. Joyce must have changed it for some reason.

Well in STHCRS there's a Lilith called Megera(I thought that the Italian name was the same of the Greek/Latin one)but then I discovered that it's Megaera(the pronunciation remains the same).We use "megera" to offend females :D

And please,call me Mobius.LGM seems toxic.
The Lightblue Ribbon